#160383  by Ethanlovesjazz

Hey guys,

I just ordered this 2018 PRS SE Custom Semi hollow 22. Since i cant afford a super eagle. I am trying to spec it out like a super eagle the best I can. I contacted JFC audio ( the guys who make the pre in the super eagle) and they are willing to do a pre amp for me. I do not want an OBEL.

let me know your thoughts

heres a link to it.

[url]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0244/ ... 232553/url]
tommybo liked this
 #160393  by tntawney

The middle pickup on the Super Eagle is a narrowfield pickup that is coil tapped. Narrowfields once in awhile pop up on Ebay, but PRS only makes them with the coil tap for the Super Eagle. They won't sell them I have tried. Go with a super II. Maybe add humbucker chrome pick up covers for the neck and bridge pickups.
 #160603  by Deadheaddan10

I have a semi hollow PRS SE 22 I made (before John got one) it's Jerrys Tiger schematic with the Wolf SDS single coil neck PU. My buddy (acoustic / harp guitar luthier) routed the middle PU spot for me. He was happy splitting a growler of stout with me as payment. I did everything else myself. I will warn you!!! The cavity where the electrics go is very tight. It took me a few times to get the wiring tight enough. I did the 3 pickups, coil taps, OBEL, buffer.. Sounds so nice!
 #160711  by Ethanlovesjazz

gr8fullfred wrote:Please don't use Mayer and Jerry in the same sentence please. Thanks

Please move to another thread! I love Jerry and Mayer! Also love Mayer’s tone and love Jerry’s tone.

Jerry and Mayer would be friends
 #160713  by strumminsix

Ethanlovesjazz wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:26 pm
gr8fullfred wrote:Please don't use Mayer and Jerry in the same sentence please. Thanks

Please move to another thread! I love Jerry and Mayer! Also love Mayer’s tone and love Jerry’s tone.

Jerry and Mayer would be friends
you had me until that last sentence. LOL