#63241  by enardi

Does anybody know or be willing to share the outro solo that jerry plays on the studio album? I have seen a few tabs on various sites for live china outro solos into I know you rider, but as I mainly play on a 20 fret dreadnaught acoustic guitar the tabs that display solos farther up past the 15th fret are rather difficult to maintain. So any ideas on other ways to play it would be very helpful.
 #63244  by myoung6923

Maybe instead of trying to learn a certain version by tab a better approach might be to work on the D mixolydian mode. The whole thing is in this scale. You'll not only be able to improvise with it but you'll be learning the mode that Jerry used the most.

Give it a shot!

Here's a little intro to mixolydian http://www.cyberfret.com/scales/referen ... lydian.php
There's lots of tutorials online about it. Play around with it for a while & see how it feels.
 #63254  by tigerstrat

I fully agree with that, however you also could try the "subtract 12 frets" thing, which I occasionally resort to when trying to do electric stuff on an acoustic.
 #63256  by Tennessee Jedi

There is a tab book out for 100 Year Hall ...... it has some tab from the '72 show itself but most selections are taken from their original albums .... including ChinaCat .....
:D
 #63257  by enardi

Thanks for the pointers, i will look into both improvising around the mixo scale, further may also look into the subracting 12 frets idea as well. thanks again