#54450  by GratefulPat

i looked through some of the other relevant cc ikyr stuff and didnt see this... can anyone give me something somewhat in depth abouth the chords jerry is chunkin at during the transition, this part of the tune i bullshit through every time and its starting to bother me.. i normally just play around with d-c-g around the 10th and 12th frets.. vic? bill? pete? anyone?????
 #54468  by old man down

I just hear Jer playing D to G at the 10th fret, back and forth. (EU '72) This when Weir is doing the note solo. When Weir goes to the hard chords at the end of his solo, I don't know, but I would guess Jer is just on hold, and then he comes in with something memorized, worked out already, and the transition takes place and gets done.
 #54478  by Pete B.

GratefulPat wrote:i looked through some of the other relevant cc ikyr stuff and didnt see this... can anyone give me something somewhat in depth abouth the chords jerry is chunkin at during the transition, this part of the tune i bullshit through every time and its starting to bother me.. i normally just play around with d-c-g around the 10th and 12th frets.. vic? bill? pete? anyone?????
I'll try to give it a listen/watch today as my travels allow.
Off the top of my head...
I think this passage is an example of Jer's famous "single note rhythm guitar playing".
You know the Jerry intro on China Cat, I think he is basically doing a simplified version of that in the key of D during Bobby's "transition jam" basically toggling on the root>b7>root>b7>etc.