#88173  by Stevo123

Never got into phish much, thought a lot of their songs were kinda obnoxious, etc. However I finally got a chance to see them live in Charleston two nights over the weekend and I was supremely impressed. I was amazed by how high-energy it was. I was dancing hard the entire time, way more than I probably would have at a dead show or any other show around really. Reminded me a bit of the energy at the Widespread shows I've been to, except you don't get fatigued by the endless shredding in the first 10 minutes. One thing I kept noticing was these potential spaces in their sound and thinking "man, they should have a rhythm guitarist!" lol. Good stuff, though, I would definitely see them again. It's still no dead show though! heh.
 #88176  by vwjodyme

i prob know some of you guys! I was on and off phish tour from 94-98ish (mostly on after '95).
haven't thought about them much since...did go to phenway though (sound sucked).
a friend did invite me up to augusta, me tonight but i've got a real job now :cry:
 #88192  by bodiddley

I actually made it to 2 Phish shows this Summer so I can safely say they've got me for the duration. I'm on board and probably listen to a lot more Phish than GD right now and I honestly never thought I'd see that happen. Guess I needed a breath of fresh air.
 #90207  by tiffcheese

Fall '10 was the best Phish I've seen and heard ever (did ~36 shows since 96). I agree on the win/win that tix are available and they sound great!! Got to get on the floor for the first time at Amherst. I really love seeing Phish indoors and I got up to around five people back, between Page + Trey...unparalleled energy. Man what an amazing experience that was! I never got to see the Dead, so being able to follow Phish in realtime has been a life dream ever since I discovered the Dead and subsequently lost the Dead w/Jerry's passing. Love me some Phish, yep yep
 #90229  by tigerstrat

They haven't played in Portland or Oregon in like 16 years. Talk about bogarting that J!