#57576  by mttourpro

From what I've read so far, they must've played a hell of a show. Very long setlists full of classic material. I'm not the biggest Phish fan but I'm gonna be excited to see em this Summer.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/16939/P ... Coverage/2

Hampton 3/6/09 Setlist
Set 1
1. Fluffhead (Last Time Played: 9/29/00 - 69 shows)
2. Divided Sky (8/11/04 - 3 shows)
3. Chalkdust Torture (8/15/04 - last show)
4. Sample in a Jar (8/14/04 - 1 show)
5. Stash (8/14/04 - 1 show)
6. I Didn’t Know (12/31/03 - 18 shows)
7. Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > (6/17/04 - 14 shows)
8. Suzy Greenberg (8/11/04 - 3 shows)
9. Farmhouse (7/29/03 - 30 shows)
10. NICU (8/9/04 - 5 shows)
11. Horn (8/12/04 - 2 shows)
12. Rift (6/20/04 - 11 shows)
13. Train Song (5/23/00 - 109 shows)
14. Water in the Sky (6/20/04 - 11 shows)
15. The Squirming Coil (6/24/04 - 8 shows)
16. David Bowie (8/14/04 - 1 show)

Set 2
17. Backwards Down the Number Line (debut)
18. Tweezer (8/11/04 - 3 shows)
19. Taste (8/15/04 - last show)
20. Possum (8/15/04 - last show)
21. Theme from the Bottom (8/10/04 - 4 shows)
22. First Tube (12/31/03 - 18 shows)
23. Harry Hood (8/14/04 - 1 show)
24. Waste (6/23/04 - 9 shows)
25. YEM (8/14/04 - 1 show)
Encore
26. Grind (12/30/98 - 178 shows)
27. Bouncing Around the Room (8/11/04 - 3 shows)
28. Loving Cup (8/9/04 - 5 shows)
 #57578  by tigerstrat

Jeebus! That looks like one hell of a long show. Love that solid 8-song block of old school to begin. Set 1 alone looks as if it could have easily been 150+ minutes!!
 #57611  by mttourpro

Seriously long show. Fits on 3 Cds though. Last night was pretty epic too.

Set I: Back On The Train
Runaway Jim
Brian and Robert
Split Open and Melt
Heavy Things
Punch You in the Eye
Gumbo, Reba
Mexican Cousin
It's Ice
Halley's Comet
Beauty of a Broken Heart
Guelah Papyrus
Lawn Boy
Run Like An Antelope

Set II:
Rock and Roll
Limb By Limb
Ghost
Piper
Birds of a Feather
Wolfman's Brother
Prince Caspian
Mike's Song>
I am Hydrogen>
Weekapaug Groove
Character Zero

Encore:
A Day in the Life

They didn't do any Gamehenge tunes so they could posibly do the whole thing tonight.
Sounds like they're playing really well, very revitalized from reviews I've read.
I wouldda been into seeing these shows that's for sure.
 #57613  by prephippie

FYI, you can download the soundboards in Mp3 (256kbps) for free at http://www.livephish.com. You'll be listening to Fluffhead in less than 5 minutes.

I've listened to the 1st night and half of the 2nd night and they are bringing the heat this time around. :cool:

Setlist so far tonight:

Set 1:

Sanity
Wilson
Foam
Bathtub Gin
Undermind
AC/DC Bag
My Friend, My Friend
Scent of a Mule
All of These Dreams
Maze
She Still Thinks I Care (George Jones cover)
Army of One
Tube
Cars, Trucks, Buses
Free
Frankenstein
 #57623  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Was at the first two shows.

I will say the 1:53 set to open the weekend was one of the best I have ever seen them play.

And yes, they are bringing the heat big time.
 #57624  by Grinner

I didn't go to friday or saturday but I went last night and they absolutely tore that place apart; bathtub was the best I've ever heard, not to mention free>frankenstein!?? the second half of the second set was some very very serious shit too (twist(!)>2001(!!)>moma(!!!). trey was going off his rocker as was everyone else

Whether or not you are a huge fan of these guys, I recommend checking out at least one show. Seeing them live with the lights(!!!)(and it is still Kordura btw) and the crowd is a whoooole different ball park trust me.

Oh yeah, funny story, Trey comes out for the encore and goes "this weekend has been incredible" and the place just went bonkers, and then he starts talking about how its Fishman's dad's b-day (he's 76), and he gets everyone to sing for him. Well this dude is old and everything but he was like ten rows down from me (Fishman side right on the balcony of course) and i caught a glimpse of him during tweezer reprise and this dude was pumping his liver-spotted fist off, just groovin, it was great.
 #57625  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

yeah Grinner, I was getting txts allnight from friends who weer at last night's show.

great encore set you got there.

I can tell by your words you are equally as moved as I.

One really cool thing about the weekend was how excited the people of the Hampton, Newport News VA area were to have PHISH fans back. Much needed boost for the economy on all ends and that was a great bonus. Also have to say the people down there are some of the nicest on the planet. Inside the arena was about as hassle free as can be.
Last edited by Crazy 9.5 Fingers on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #57656  by FretfulDave

mttourpro wrote: (Last Time Played: 9/29/00 - 69 shows)
Nice post.

mt -- sorry to be dense and old and stuff. but would you clue me into your short hand on these?

I understand last time played. I saw a couple of "last time played" from my one and only Phish show. Second to last night before break. But what does the second figure mean? in that year? ever?

Thanks

Fretful Dave
 #57660  by tigerstrat

FretfulDave wrote:
mttourpro wrote: (Last Time Played: 9/29/00 - 69 shows)
Nice post.

mt -- sorry to be dense and old and stuff. but would you clue me into your short hand on these?

I understand last time played. I saw a couple of "last time played" from my one and only Phish show. Second to last night before break. But what does the second figure mean? in that year? ever?

Thanks

Fretful Dave
= # of shows SINCE it was last played.