#16897  by navajo

Trey will not be attending 10,000 Lakes Festival.

String Cheese Incident will be in his place. This is good, imo, because it's SCI's last tour and they are only hitting NY, MO, CO, CA, and OR, iirc, so others can see them.

I bought a ticket for Big Summer Classic to catch SCI. I'm thinking about selling it on eBay since I'll be catching them at 10K.

Anyone else going to 10K? Bummed Trey ain't gonna be there, happy SCI will be attending?

#16899  by shakedown_04092

Wow.

Well, I imagine it has something to do with his pending sentence stemming from his arrest last winter. Sucks for him, and it pains me to say this, but you made your bed Trey, :x now you gotta lie in it.

Hope to see you touring soon and making good music.

#16900  by Banjomike0319

Yeah I'm going to 10K I wouldn't miss it, I have been waiting to here that new, SCI at 10K man this is going to rock.

Now I'm just waiting for Yonder Mountain to come on board.

#16903  by navajo

YMSB is great, but doubt they are attending.

Banjomike, you are obviously going to see Trampled by Turtles, no? The best bluegrass act to come out of MN. Their set time doesn't conflict w/ anything either, except this year they are playing a night show instead of an afternoon. They are epic.

FYI, Trey was planning on catching 10K. There was a bit about it at jambands.com, saying his tour was on hold except for 10K. It's just a rough time, I don't expect him to come entertain in his circumstance.

#16905  by shakedown_04092

Word is that the judge said he couldn't go to MN (his drug court and probation probably have something to do with that)

#16922  by Erictw83

Yeah Trey's whole situation is a bummer, but its really all for the best. Better a slap on the wrist now to set him straight than worse things later. So there's no summer tour, he obviously could use the time off to get his stuff together...time off that the Dead never afforded Jerry.

#16935  by lostsailor8782

Erictw83 wrote:Yeah Trey's whole situation is a bummer, but its really all for the best. Better a slap on the wrist now to set him straight than worse things later. So there's no summer tour, he obviously could use the time off to get his stuff together...time off that the Dead never afforded Jerry.
exactly ... he should be counting his blessings that he can afford an attorney that can get him that slap on the wrist .. I totally support the guy ... yea Jerry could have used some time off ... but even when given he never took it, always looking for somebody to play with, and having no problem finding people who would

#16950  by squire758

you know what? I'm really looking forward to Trey comin back after he clears all this stuff up. I remember him sayin when it first happened that it was a wake up call he really needed and all that. It would be such a joy for him to come back cleaned up and better than ever, well probably not better than ever but better than 02-07. it would be great if its a wake up call for him musically as well. im sure its gunna be hard no doubt, i mean the addictions he has are among the worst, but getting past all that would definately build his character and possibly renew his inspiration as a jammer. IMHO

#16957  by shakedown_04092

squire758 wrote:you know what? I'm really looking forward to Trey comin back after he clears all this stuff up. I remember him sayin when it first happened that it was a wake up call he really needed and all that. It would be such a joy for him to come back cleaned up and better than ever, well probably not better than ever but better than 02-07. it would be great if its a wake up call for him musically as well. im sure its gunna be hard no doubt, i mean the addictions he has are among the worst, but getting past all that would definately build his character and possibly renew his inspiration as a jammer. IMHO
Couldn't have said it better. Great post.

#16966  by gratephulphish123

almost got to go but minnesota for this but i idnt have enough money, relieves me a little i wont miss trey but i'll still be missiing moe and last string cheese