#100522  by Phil Lesh101

I Will most Likely get burned for saying this but, I Beleive that After Garcia Died all of the DeadHeads were looking for music and Phish were touring so All The dead HEads Went to follow Phish. I Think That Phishs music is good, But Hard to understand, most of the time. :roll:
 #100527  by Tennessee Jedi

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I Will most Likely get burned for saying this but, I Beleive that After Garcia Died all of the DeadHeads were looking for music and Phish were touring so All The dead HEads Went to follow Phish. I Think That Phishs music is good, But Hard to understand, most of the time. :roll:
I think you are oversimplifying it just a bit.
In IMHO the two bands are very dissimilar - although both have long geetar solos and stoned fans.
:-)
 #100530  by vwjodyme

Definitely not all or phish would have been playing stadiums :lol:

there were a bunch (not tons) of deadheads that switched tours after GD including myself.

i remember on dead tour (i was 90's) lots of us would catch a phish show if it was a day off or even do a small tour if it was between tours for the dead...or even rainbow gatherings if nothing else was going on.

same with phish, i remember seeing lots of phish kids when i would take a detour to see primus or some other band
 #100531  by Rusty the Scoob

The Tour Rats who were just there to party and get wasted jumped right off the GD tour and onto Phish's. The music was secondary to the scene for them so it didn't really matter who was playing. (You'll probably see what I mean at SPAC in 2 weeks!)

Among fans of the music itself, it's a lot more complex. In general the Deadheads who liked the Allman Brothers, Panic, the more country-rock side of things didn't become Phishheads. The Deadheads who leaned toward the prog-rock side of things, Zappa, Yes, etc, tended to become Phishheads a lot more often.
 #100539  by vwjodyme

Rusty the Scoob wrote:The Tour Rats who were just there to party and get wasted jumped right off the GD tour and onto Phish's. The music was secondary to the scene for them so it didn't really matter who was playing. (You'll probably see what I mean at SPAC in 2 weeks!)

Among fans of the music itself, it's a lot more complex. In general the Deadheads who liked the Allman Brothers, Panic, the more country-rock side of things didn't become Phishheads. The Deadheads who leaned toward the prog-rock side of things, Zappa, Yes, etc, tended to become Phishheads a lot more often.
I never got into any of those bands :lol:
There were those on dead tour that hated phish and vise versa, and those that liked both.
And yes there were people that liked neither (or at least didn't try to get into shows) and just wanted to party...wrecking crew and gutter punks amongst others. I liked to party and go into the show :smile:
 #100555  by tcsned

Rusty the Scoob wrote:The Tour Rats who were just there to party and get wasted jumped right off the GD tour and onto Phish's. The music was secondary to the scene for them so it didn't really matter who was playing. (You'll probably see what I mean at SPAC in 2 weeks!)

Ironic that I love Zappa and Yes but never got Phish. The one show I saw was cool also saw Trey once but they're just not my thing. Talented players though.
 #100602  by Phil Lesh101

SmanymnNita wrote:Image

benefits of taking fish oil
what benefits does fish oil have
fatty acids supplements
the benefits of vitamins
benefits of fish oil tablets
best oil for health
krill fish oil
fish oil source
fish oil supplement benefits
fish oil buy
fish oil dosage
health benefits of fish oil pills
fishoil
depression and fish oil
fish oils benefits
fish oils and cholesterol
what are the benefits of fish oil vitamins
krill oil vs fish oil
fish oil wiki
fish oil side effects
benefits of liquid fish oil
benefits of oil
fish oil benefits for kids
n-3 fatty acids
nordic fish oil
One Question, What does this have to do with Phish...
But thanks For All of your inputs! I Read them Through And they make sence, But you can't compare Phish with The Grateful Dead :lol:
Last edited by Phil Lesh101 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #110318  by easytoslip

I think that people by nature hold onto the past. If you had the best times of your life on Dead tour, will you see Phish? It depends on what kind of buzz you like. I had someone describe Phish to me as musicians that like to wind the coil very very very very very very very tight and then let it go, as opposed to the Dead who were much mellower with their peaks and downhill glides. Another person said he wanted to make a tee shirt that said "The Dead stole my heart and Phish blew my mind." Phish is a bit brainey at times. Paradoxically, trying to understand it doesn't make sense.

Seeing Phish live was fun ten years ago for the rainbow lights. I was told they rent light rigs and upgrade when newer, cooler stuff comes out. Moe. also hits all those rainbow colors, not missing any of the essentials.

I generally enjoy shows eyes-closed these days, and yep I still dance my ass off. I grew up doing ballet and now I do yoga and meditate. So my center is easy to find and easy to spin around. ...which can get me into trouble sometimes because I'm SO good at coping sometimes. As Phish says, "Laugh and laughing fall apart", X7