#106558  by hogan

Anybody have a concise chord chart of the minor run to resolve the jam? Is it E7 to F#m for 8 measures back to E7 for 8 measures, then up to G#m for 4 into "flight of the seabird..."?
thanks
 #106562  by cripeowner

Jam is an E sus with G# in the base chord while going between B & Bb Think a C# 7 minor chord without the C# base the C# min 6 would be adding the Bb.
With that in mind the scale to play is B maj but resolve back and forth on Eb and Bb. The next chord is F# sus utilizing the same notes ie Bb scale. Then back to the E sus then F# sus then G# min you'll see these all work over the B maj scale although I think E maj when in the G# chord
 #106566  by strumminsix

hogan wrote:Anybody have a concise chord chart of the minor run to resolve the jam? Is it E7 to F#m for 8 measures back to E7 for 8 measures, then up to G#m for 4 into "flight of the seabird..."?
thanks
Try this:

E to F# (both major not minor) for 8, then hold F#.

Return to E jam (with E7, Esus2, etc)

E to F# (both major not minor) for 8, then hold F#.

Then G#m for 4, then flight of seabirds..
 #106581  by jeffm725

Rusty the Scoob wrote:E lydian, not E7. Hit that A# and D# with pride!
Yup scoob is dead on, it is Lydian all the way. That is why that E>F# works well ...also use no 3rd on the F# so it is neither major or minor (this is just during the main Body before we rest on the F#min for 8 bars the first time) and actually from a rhythm standpoint if you really want your Bobby "to go Bobby" you can voice the E and F# as A Shape barre chords at the 7th and 9th frets respectively, but leave the top B and E strings as open and droning through the swinging between the E and F#, I actually also voice that F# on just the top 3 GBE strings sometimes as G string 6th Fret, B string 7th Fret and , E string Open.

Amyway, The above is the first section, and you can do that for any number of measures. Once you get to the first F#min (and yes, personally I DO play that F# as a min) you can start counting bars to keep the band in sync at least until everyone gets comfortable.

So here is the counts We do from when we get to the first F#min:
F#min - 8 bars
E lydian (lead) or E >F# (no 3rd) swing (rhythm) - 8 Bars
F# min - 4 bars
G# min -4 bars (then 4 count out of last Bar to chorus)