name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #147278  by searchinforthesound

Hey all....long time reader of this Forum & decided to finally take the plunge & register. Lifelong (almost) Deadhead, saw my first show in Feb of 1973 at the tender young age of 18 & have enjoyed the ride ever since. The bulk of the shows I attended were in the '70's, and after 1990, kind of lost the desire to make the trek to shows, found it just to hard to watch Jerry struggling through shows in the post-Brent era & the changing (not for the better) lot scene.
Started playing guitar at around age 15, but by my early 20's , had pretty much quit playing due to frustration caused by being stuck in a musical rut & lack of progress. Fast-forward about 35 years to a couple years ago, a friend suffering from cancer, inspired me to pick up my old J45 again & lo & behold, the flood gates opened !!!
Been playing every day for the last year & 1/2, usually an hour or two a day & have yet to sense any sign of ruts or roadblocks.
Anyway, that's my story, & I'm stickin to it...looking forward to being able to give back a little to this wonderful resource that is the RU Kind Forum.
Forgot to add....the current arsenal of Weapons of Mass Construction includes....
A late-60's Gibson J-45 acoustic that I've owned for about 40 years.
A Taylor 214ce acoustic...recently acquired.
& a Schecter Tempest Custom electric, which sounds really sweet when run through an Nuxx acoustic processor & headphones.
 #147283  by Searing75

Cool man. Welcome to the occupation.
 #147587  by oceanbear11

Groovy! Welcome! :-)