#119389  by TI4-1009

The bottom line is that you can't just stick a photo directly into a post.

EDIT August 2017- Last month Photobucket changed the rules and now charges you $399 for the privilege of sharing your photos (??!?). Although this tutorial was written using Photobucket as an example, I suggest you find another host for your photos, as I am in the process of doing.

Step 1: You have to have the photo available somewhere on the web (it won't work if it's only on your hard drive). If it's a photo already on the web somewhere, try right clicking on it, look under properties, and copy the "url" (usually something like http:\blah blah blah.jpg), then go right to step #4. If you want to post one of your own photos, you have to upload it to a photo hosting site, usually free, like photobucket, flicker, etc.. You sign up for an account and follow the instruction to upload your photo.

Step 2: In your post, click the Img box- the 9th button on the row right above the message box:

That will put the "img" code in brackets into your message"

Step 3: Now go to your photo hosting site and copy the address- the "url"- of your photo. In Photobucket, for example, if you put your cursor over the photo you get a drop-down box, one of the options is "direct link". You click on that box and it copies the link:

Step 4: Go back to your message and click between the two "img" in brackets to put your cursor there. Right click and then click paste to insert your link:

Step 5: Click "submit" (or preview to make sure it worked right) and your new post should have the photo embedded in it:

Hope that helps.

Moderators- is there some post threshold you have to get to before you're allowed to post photos?
Last edited by TI4-1009 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #120388  by TI4-1009

How does the resize work? I can't figure it out.
 #120390  by strumminsix

TI4-1009 wrote:How does the resize work? I can't figure it out.
It's this simple! The 50s below are %. Just replace the link with your own!
Code: Select all
[pimg width=50 height=50]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k620/oldlefty/gdfphoto1.png[/pimg]