#95789  by hippieguy1954

HELP!!!! I have a schecter c1+. It comes with 2 volume pots and one push/pull tone pot with coil splitting. I have tried using some wiring diagrams that use the Tiger inspired sound with 2 humbuckers, pre amp/buffer, and coil splitting switches and have almost got it, but none of them have the 2 volume and 1 push/pull tone/splitter. Can anyone HELP? I'm to the point where i can only get one volume pot to work and the tone only works on one pickup! If someone/anyone can draw me a diagram I will love you even more than I already do!
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #95790  by erock

can you either draw out how you have it wired right now, or take a lot of photos so we can try to see how it wired and then make some suggestions?
 #95791  by hippieguy1954

Either way will be difficult. If I take pics they will be hard to see and if i draw it, it will be even harder to understand. I thought maybe someone has done it and will share. If all else fails, I'll draw it! It's almost right....just something not quite right!
 #95799  by JonnyBoy

Take it one pickup at a time then once you have your pickup selector done , follow the signal to the jack. Some people have been helped through this site but yes photos will be easiest for the community to help you.

Bear in mind, sometimes adding too much heat from a solder iron can ruin a toggle or push pull pot. Try not to goop the solder in there. To melt it you have to get it really hot, which can damage the parts.

Take some up close pics and you'll be playin in no time.
 #95800  by hippieguy1954

Hey Johnny Boy I've been soldering for years and know what ya mean, but thats not the problem. Thanks for the reply...I'm new here...been playin for 42 yrs doing GD covers and am just now wanting the electronics to be as close as I can get them. Thats why I finally joined this awsome site. I can't even figure out how to attach a pic!