When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #85475  by cannoli801

We have had 6 dogs in the past 15 years all named after dead songs, we have had Ripple,Althea and Cassidy for our females and Aiko and Ashbury for our males as well as Molson because i sold grilled cheese and Molson at the shows in the early 90's
 #85479  by JonnyBoy

FWIW- I have a collie named cassidy and a border collie named Kaya (Bob Marley).
 #89090  by vwjodyme

We just got a samson, but need more names (we want to register it and have been instructed to use the kennel name plus samson and another name or two). we were thinking maybe the song that was most played after s&d...anyone have any guesses or even a song that was usually played in the same set?
we were also thinking of darkstar since his dad had star in his name...any other star names besides cats under you can think of?
 #89098  by Tennessee Jedi

vwjodyme wrote:We just got a samson, but need more names (we want to register it and have been instructed to use the kennel name plus samson and another name or two). we were thinking maybe the song that was most played after s&d...anyone have any guesses or even a song that was usually played in the same set? DRUMZ ?
we were also thinking of darkstar since his dad had star in his name...any other star names besides cats under you can think of?
DOG-STAR !
 #89106  by vwjodyme

Dog-star! :lol: good one
i think i just convinced my girlfriend 'samson>sunrise' works
 #89746  by tcsned

Our drummer had the world's best tour dog, "Hey Now" - he was named in response to all the deadhead dogs named Iko. He was loyal, friendly, and had a taste for hot dogs. His only downside was that he was a runner. Turn your back on him and he's a mile away. I remember him running away in Alpine Valley, WI in the parking lot of a show (I'm sure he was following the aroma from someone's BBQ grill). He was never found. A few months later a friend who lived in Boulder saw Hey Now running the streets. He found the folks taking care of him - they found him in the parking lot after the show and he was so friendly they took him along for the rest of the tour. They happily returned Hey Now to Tim. He passed on the the great big picnic in the sky a couple of years ago as an old man in his 20s.
 #90389  by DooDahDan

Owsley
 #90551  by tiffcheese

My last dog was a runner, unfortunately never got her back. But I did hear she is safe and happy from a friend of a friend. phew! My dog previous was a black lab named Blue Light Rain, nicknamed Rainy after a sled dog in one of my favorite books :-)
 #90562  by jdsmodulus

Lets not forget Otis! (bobbys)
Jerry had Sadie
Phil had Althea
countless others Im sure...oh and the Duck!
I had Blue, Phil, Annie miss them everyday!
 #90646  by Maybeck09

I've got a 5 month old chocolate lab that is chewing everything. His name is River.
 #90651  by mtjam

We've had 2 blue heelers over the past 25 years, found the first one's name looking through song names and band names from albums, ended up on Poco and had her for 17.5 yrs. Current 6 yr old is from Lord of the Rings hobbit Pippin, great dog and breed. Way smart, sometimes too smart, and tons of energy.
 #91152  by tiffcheese

Sugar's a cute girl husky name. I had an all black cat I called Cheese. Cheesy! Here girl! She came every time.