When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #91165  by tiffcheese

aw, gotta love a golden! when I was married I lived with my husband's golden, also named Samson
 #91349  by Dozin

I got a puppy last week. I wanted Otto or Quinn but we're a sporty family and we named him after the greatest QB ever - Brady :lol:

#91383  by tcsned

Rusty the Scoob wrote: "How much more black could they be? None. None more black"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 #139449  by Flex3

If you are looking for popular boy puppy names then I think this list at Ranker will help you to find best name for your dog. Though I like McGee a lot.
 #139450  by tatittle

Grub
 #139481  by Searing75

I have Alby and Penny. Great dogs. My other, that my girlfriend brought along is Freya. I like the name Rigby for a boy.
 #139553  by gr8fullfred

OK if we are talking Dog names, I think that I had the most obvious Dead Head Dog name ever, Jerry!
Take a look at Jerry the Dog and see if you can imagine how Jerry got her name?

#139662  by Mr.Burns

I know this thread is older than dirt but it caught my attention. Naming is serious business. I want to say first that I can't stand it when dogs have people names, except when the dog looks like the person they are named for. I just feel like the people names should be reserved for anthropomorphic talking dogs, please. :-)
It seems like great fun to name a dog after a song or whatever, but explaining the reference over and over again gets old. My wife named our dogs immediately on first sight when they were pups, Cheech is a male English Mastiff(it's a pork rind reference, like chicharrones, not Cheech Marin), and Misery is a female Rottweiler. Not Dead related, but they seem to suit them well, and most people get it.
 #156312  by ac4468

The wife (who's not even into the Dead) suggested "Wagger Lee" this morning :-)
 #156321  by TI4-1009

Our G. Shep. is named Stella.

Mainly for the song, a little for the beer, and some for Stanley Kowalski. Depends.