rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #159389  by Blacklodgebob
 Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 am
So I dont know if any of you fine folks were there, but the whole band dosed before the show started, and the second set got pretty rough! Jay Lane drank about 20 beers/cocktails throughout and tripped face. We ended up leaving early.

The John K QSC thing sounded pretty good, but some of those effects were harsh, he seemed be battling the rig throughout, constantly bending over, and trying to get it dialed in how he wanted.

Anyway, will always be a fan of the entire lineup. Those guys are amazing! Just thought it was kinda lame to get super shit housed at our expense but I guess thats what it is sometimes. No hard feelings. I went back to say hi for a safety meeting, and when I offered, every person was like, nope were on acid! lol Just another Thursday night in Marin?

I was told there was no recording being made, but maybe there is stuff up on youtube. Second set is when it kicks in pretty strong. Organ guy was a machine, but generally, it was like Jay and the Organ player ripping, and John K in the middle. First set was pretty great! Seems like the kinda thing fans get super excited about. It was different for sure... :cool: :P All kinda of cool mini jams through each song, lots of teases of acid related tunes, like Strange Days, an Any Color You Like tease, pretty much an in your face acid test!