rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #156099  by NDWarhol
 Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:04 pm
Hey Now!

Years ago, someone had posted a digital scan of Jerry's "Tiger" inlay. If anyone knows of this, please notify me ASAP.

I'm willing to spend a little cash on it, if necessary (negotiable, but would like $5 - $10 max, if possible).

NOTE: I am NOT looking for a sticker or drawing of "Tiger", it's got to be the digital scan because it was SCALABLE!.

i am designing a tattoo sleeve and need it for my skinny arm :)

- Saint Stephen (STILL with a rose...)

"Seashore washed by the suds and the foam, been here so long he's got to callin' it home..."
 #156109  by Maybeck09
 Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 am
If you can't fin it one thing you can do is find a good quality image of the inlay, bring into Adobe Illustrator and run an Image Trace on it. Clean it up and its now vector art which can scale to any size without loss of quality. I'm going to try and attach an example I did real quick. Well, never mind, it won't take .ai or .eps files. But get your local designer to help you out. Good luck.
 #156174  by mgbills
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:50 pm
Do not get that as a Tattoo! It's already on my arm. Oregon Country Fair - 2016. And the brown thing in the lower left is my tail. What of it!

#156175  by NDWarhol
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:27 pm
It was probably meant in jest, but you aren't the boss of me and I will put whatever I damn well feel like on my body.

You aren't the only person in the world to have the same idea, but mine will differ in execution and placement and will go well with my other tats.

"Forty years upon my head, To have you call me 'Child'"...
 #156176  by mgbills
 Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:07 pm
Hey Now! It was certainly meant in jest.

I (in the real world) am not the sort to care, judge or otherwise lose energy over what you do...especially when it comes to ink.
 #156178  by RiseandFall
 Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:37 am
It was probably meant in jest, but you aren't the boss of me and I will put whatever I damn well feel like on my body.
The last time I heard that phrase was 14 years ago. My son said it. He is 20 now.