When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #155914  by tatittle

Anybody have issues with their (now discontinued) Dynacomp "76" Reissue pedals? Mine seems to have the footswitch wired improperly or ungrounded (along with the metal box). It usually doesnt cause problems but it places with alot of interference it can become unusable. I havent been able to find any obvious wiring mistakes yet, but I have only been able to access diagrams with DPDT switches (the reissue only has 3 posts).

The symptom: when touching the box or the footswitch the hiss/interference increases dramatically (as your body becomes a big antenna multiplying interference). This symptom is usually caused by lack of string/bridge ground on a guitar. The in/out jacks seem fine as touching them reduces noise (like proper grounded guitar when touching strings).

I have debated adding a ground wire to the box or switch, but would like to confirm it ios wired correctly 1st. Never had this issue with my authentic BUDbox Dynacomp. I wonder if it is caused by paint etc blocking the natural continuity between the jacks and the switch/box?
 #155915  by tatittle

Problem solved :)

Apparently it was indeed the thick enamel like paint disrupting continuity between the jacks and the housing that caused the problem. I removed the nut & washer at the output jack, then scraped away the paint (came off thick and easy) and re-installed the washer & nut. Viola! Continuity confirmed with multimeter and no more nasty interference when I touch the pedal/footswitch. Glad I finally got around to it, this pedal used to bug me in certain places.