When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #111600  by hippieguy1954

wolftigerrosebud wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
I don't see or feel any hostility! Maybe a couple of pranksters! All in good fun, man. Maybe you are reflecting on yourself? :smile: :smile: :smile:
lol dude it's so phony how you put those smiley face emoticons after you say something really pointed and nasty like that. just reeks of disingenuity.

are you kidding? you don't see or feel any hostility? c'mon dude, that's a bald-faced lie. the only rational reason to have said something like that is to be able to justify the logic of telling me i'm projecting in the next sentence. unless you just forgot about it or something, which i don't really buy; there's been negativity all over this thread. a couple of pages ago there was that guy talking about what a bunch of squares/assholes we all were and how he'd really really hate to trip with us. i quote: "'I'm pretty sure taking acid with everybody thats posted on this thread would lead to a "bad trip". Or like a personal trip to hell. Except wolftigerrosebud. I sense understanding of a powerful key in that one."

That's... uh... that's not negative to you? lol. Fuckin' a, dude. How much more negative must it get than someone telling you that being around you in when they were in a sensitive and open state of mind would be like a personal trip to hell for them? Wow. I don't have to project to see any negativity in that. It kind of jumps out at you, no?

great post beaner.

At least when Burns was posting his shit it was honestly negative. It wasn't negativity wrapped in bullshit. Negativity is just a part of life, and though I don't particularly relish it and try to avoid it when I can, I accept it for what it is. But I find lies offensive. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Anyway, this is getting fucking ridiculous. Done participating in or looking at this thread. What a failure! But I'll learn from my mistakes. Pick the people with whom I choose to engage more carefully...
You are confusing hostility with someone blowing off steam, just like you are here. You are angry (for some reason), and some would call your post very hostile, however, it is just you blowing off steam....relieving yourself. I understand, you are human like us. Don't take it so personal. Me saying that "maybe you are reflecting on yourself" is pointed and nasty? It is just an observation...not nasty!

You are though, actually attacking me and calling me names and putting my smile smile smile signature down, when smiling is the universal show of compassion. I always smile at people when having discussions even if I don't agree with them. Maybe you might want to concider calming down and realizing, that when someone replies to your post at all (even if you feel they are hostile) is a show of love, even if it includes blowing off steam like you are. Any effort to communicate with another human, is love!

I am not going to hold it against you for calling me names and putting me down. I understand. You are human just like us (no better) and we all constantly make mistakes (I sure do) and if we are evolved enough we realize this, discuss it and let it go so we can continue discussion.

You keep threatening not to post in this thread anymore, (as if we are not worthy of you or something) yet you continue. No one has called you names.
This thread is far from a failure! That is your opinion and I respect your opinion, but it is only an opinion. An emotional one at that. No factual truth.

So, if you need to take your bat and ball and go home, that is your choice. Don't blame it on us, please. "All that's left to do is :smile: :smile: :smile:" !!!
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #111601  by hippieguy1954

easytoslip wrote:more Hall of Fame young dancers

my outlets started when I was eight. Ballet, jazz dance lessons, flute lessons at nine, gymnastics in the yard and doing flips at age 10-11, competing in dance competitions briefly around that time. Had fun singing in middle school and high school chorus classes, started actual gymnastics (with vault, bars, beam and floor)in seventh grade. Got real serious with gymnastics for four years on High School Varsity team. One month practice, two months of bi weekly competitions, one week of intense around the state finals. After high school I taught dance to little kids and started my money careers of working with kids as a nanny and with animals at Veterinary offices. Did lots of really fun dance of all kinds in family lessons/studio/recital setting for a few years until my body got too old to flip and tumble and jump and tap on hard floors (around age 30). Will be 39 in August.
You might want to think about writing a few songs of your own, if you haven't already. You always are very articulate and have a lot to say that is interesting. I don't know if you have tried writing a song, but two techniques many use including myself (you probably already know) are:
1 Write words and then put chords to them.
2 Write words and chords at the same time.
Lots of fun too! :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111603  by Mr.Burns

wolftigerrosebud wrote:LOL too true man

but we're not on acid. the real test is being able to do it in everyday life with our loved ones and acquaintances. that's why i'm not going to post in this subforum at all anymore. :lol:
Who's not on acid?

Anyone on here ever been dosed against their will? Ever seen the clips from the Geraldo show with Jerry and Neil Young? The story I heard was they (Jer and Neil?) offered to smoke a joint with Geraldo before the taping. Then someone says, "hey man, you can't tape this show with your eyes all red, use this Visine," and hands him a Visine bottle full of LSD. :shock:

IDK if this story is legit, but the clip I saw was probably not of a stoned Geraldo, as his manner was extremely animated and a little frantic. Looking on were a very entertained Jerry and Neil Young, needless to say the show never aired.

I also recall a story about Bill Graham getting dosed despite being very careful not to leave his drink unattended. Supposedly a syringe was used to dose an unopened can of 7UP.
 #111609  by hippieguy1954

Mr.Burns wrote:
wolftigerrosebud wrote:LOL too true man

but we're not on acid. the real test is being able to do it in everyday life with our loved ones and acquaintances. that's why i'm not going to post in this subforum at all anymore. :lol:
Who's not on acid?

Anyone on here ever been dosed against their will? Ever seen the clips from the Geraldo show with Jerry and Neil Young? The story I heard was they (Jer and Neil?) offered to smoke a joint with Geraldo before the taping. Then someone says, "hey man, you can't tape this show with your eyes all red, use this Visine," and hands him a Visine bottle full of LSD. :shock:

IDK if this story is legit, but the clip I saw was probably not of a stoned Geraldo, as his manner was extremely animated and a little frantic. Looking on were a very entertained Jerry and Neil Young, needless to say the show never aired.

I also recall a story about Bill Graham getting dosed despite being very careful not to leave his drink unattended. Supposedly a syringe was used to dose an unopened can of 7UP.
Yes, In the early '80s I went to a Dead show (i would go to several every year when they were around) and did not want to dose. I hadn't seen the Dead without dosing. I went with one friend I thought I could trust and told him I didn't want to dose. I never thought in a million years he would dose me, but he dosed my soda, some how when I wasn't looking, I guess.
Well, I knew something was wrong when I started to come on and knew he had dosed me. At first I was angry, but I knew if I stayed angry it was going to be a bad time, so I just switched my mind around into "ok I might as well enjoy it and the show like I always have". It took some time to switch my mind around like that and if I wasn't at a Dead show, it would have been very difficult. So, I had no choice but just go with the flow. I had a great time after I let it go that he dosed me against my will.
I guess that took about one song, lol. Still, the trip was not exactly the same as it would have been if I was in the mood and knew I had taken it.
I was never real close friends with that person anymore. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111612  by Octal

Nobody told me I was going to be born...

Reality is one of the Nothing's hallucinations.

(Syringe into an empty 7UP? My father's "syringe" into my mother? Some metaphors might be best kept to oneself.)
 #111614  by Mr.Burns

Octal wrote:Have any of you guys ever finished a thought before you began thinking it?
I used inception on Christopher Nolan to plant the idea of inception.

Either that, or, the idea already existed, and my brain formed around it.

Who wants a 7UP?
 #111711  by Mr.Burns

wolftigerrosebud wrote:addiction itself is a literally physical brain illness.
Rereading this thread brought me to this post, and I know wolftigerrosebud said he was done here, but this phrase bothers me. It always has. I know that posting this will illicit numerous responses by faithful Internet researchers, but that won't change how I've always felt about this.

I don't believe this to be a 100% true statement. I was in rehab the first time I heard this. I was 19. I know people in recovery rely on this type of stuff to get through their daily lives. But even then this didn't sit quite right with me. It would be one thing if this info was a reality check only used at rare occasions to illustrate a point to the addict. But this "disease" stuff is literally crammed down your throat. As for all the cliches and that stuff, they say,"take what works for you and leave the rest," but this disease angle never lets up. It seemed strange that all of us criminals and dope fiends(and thats what we were) were just, ummmm....sick. We all knew we weren't sick, we liked to get high. But isn't it easier to admit you're a shitbag junkie or addict or drunk or whatever title society likes to give to those in the same situation if its not your fault? Admission is required for redemption...

Then it hit me: INSURANCE. This is all a game. You have a job, it offers benefits. Lets say you get into trouble, or you just need a break from the stress of life. YOU NEED TO GO TO TREATMENT. If you're a poor, sick person who can't help what the awful drugs did to their poor little psyche, a victim of a vicious, spreading disease, well, then, you'll get the help you need from your friendly neighborhood treatment center, and they'll get their money(from your insurance company), and everybody's happy, right?

But what about people that don't have insurance? Don't they suffer from the same disease? Just try to get into a treatment center without insurance, its somewhat difficult. I was court ordered to be there, so my tab was being picked up by the state. I could have stayed indefinitely, was how one employee put it. But patients whose insurance companies were footing the bill were allowed ten days. TEN DAYS. Then you're gone. Hope you got everything you could out of your ten days, because thats all you get. But you can guarantee the bill for that ten days made my state bill for 28 days look like small potatoes.

It seems like there is an entire industry here that did not exist 20 or 30 years ago. Then, if you were an addict, it was your own goddamn fault, and most people felt like addicts should reap what they sow. I can't ever remember seeing any sympathy for addicts/alcoholics before I went to treatment(this was years ago), and then the people who work with these addicts do this weird balancing act where they shame them and reassure them simultaneously. Mixed feelings, to say the least...

The climate of treatment for this is changing as we speak, but we live in the land of capitalism. Nothing happens here unless somebody that already has huge piles of money will be able to gain from it. Ever watch "Intervention"? Why does Passages Malibu run an ad during the show? Do treatment centers really need to advertise? WTF???
 #111715  by hippieguy1954

Most people, who are addicted, eventually want help. In our country, if you need help (of any kind) and you are not very poor you are screwed! Like you said…10 days with insurance! It’s pitiful! I went through the same thing with my son. The therapist, in the County run drug program my son was in, (for weed) told me he needs long term inpatient treatment. Ok, I said, and after talking with 12 (yes 12) facilities, I called him back and told him our insurance will only pay for 10 days. He said, oh, I thought you were on welfare.

The disease thing is debatable...addictive personality etc...I'm with ya!

It is like everything else in our country as well as all the countries that we have shoved "free enterprise" down the throats of. Supply and demand….and charge as much as you can possibly get away with.

Greed!

Greed comes right along with "free enterprise". The human is not evolved enough yet to be compassionate solely on its' own. That is why we form governments and have laws and even so, we still kill each other and take advantage of each other. It has been a long debate ever since the Industrial Revolution, should we have more or less control over the “free market” concerning prices etc. That is why the greedy rich in our country do not want any controls on the market. They don’t want anyone to get in the way of their greedy price gouging, which in turn controls us.

The interesting thing of it is that some of us are actually evolved more than others and are not greedy.

Unfortunately, it is very few of us, at this point. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111723  by ugly rumor

My opinion, which is a distinctly minority opinion, is that the ultimate greed is in helping others, because then you best help yourself. Money only has value if everybody has some. Take it to extremes; if you have all the money in the world, you can't do anything with it, because the rest of us will develop an alternative. I have said for years that if the U.S spent as much money genuinely helping other countries, without a political string attached, as we do on defense, we wouldn't need the defense, because you don't need to defend yourself from your friends. If we were to develop the attitude tht helping others helps ourselves, then in a short time, we would all be better off. It is not that hard to do, but maybe hard to let go of previous thought patterns.
 #111730  by hippieguy1954

ugly rumor wrote:My opinion, which is a distinctly minority opinion, is that the ultimate greed is in helping others, because then you best help yourself. Money only has value if everybody has some. Take it to extremes; if you have all the money in the world, you can't do anything with it, because the rest of us will develop an alternative. I have said for years that if the U.S spent as much money genuinely helping other countries, without a political string attached, as we do on defense, we wouldn't need the defense, because you don't need to defend yourself from your friends. If we were to develop the attitude tht helping others helps ourselves, then in a short time, we would all be better off. It is not that hard to do, but maybe hard to let go of previous thought patterns.
Greed is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self, far beyond the dictates of basic survival and comfort. It is applied to a markedly high desire for and pursuit of wealth, status, and power....Webster.

I agree with your approach to the benefits of helping others as a way we can all share and benefit, but not many others in the world agree with us. Again, the evolution thing.

I don’t think the correct word is ultimate greed. That's why I posted the definition.

:smile: :smile: :smile: