#76669  by Chuckles

Cool vid, as always man!

But... gotta say that that "ringing" comes from pinch harmonics... never seen nor heard of Jerry playing false or tap harmonics. Then again... Eddie VanHalen meets the Jermiester could provide some pretty interesting results! Bottom line: if it feels and sounds good.. do it!
8)
 #76676  by trking8

haha, yeah, busted.

you're right. if you notice there's a tiny skip in the video right at that section. I originally said that jerry used false harmonics, then deleted that statement during editing.

actually, I think he did, but only in the sense that he would do the "pinch" on/around the area of a false harmonic.

good technique to learn and use anyway.

thanks and peace out,

terry
 #76741  by ronster

Excellent! That slide into the C7 chord makes the backing riff and also makes keeping the beat a lot easier as it alternates with the G chord (C C7 C G C ). I'm going to stick with a G chord (C shape off of the 7th fret) instead of your G7 chord (using the C7 shape). Thanks for posting.
 #76795  by Billbbill

mijknahs wrote:For the main riff, I like to bend the 3rd string UP and then bend the 5th string DOWN. I have more control over the bend that way.
+1 - how I do it as well. Terry does it this way the first time and the rest of the vid he bends both down. Whatever works for ya!

Nice vid terry - I do that walkdown slightly differently and not to put too fine a point on it but I think that open D7 position C7 slide up is Bobby, no?

I'd posted my walkdown before - I'll add it here as well.

(/) Slide Up (\) Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|--------------------------
B|--------------------------
G|--5--------5-----------5--
D|--5--5-----------5--------
A|--3-----3-----3-----3-----

D|--4--4-----------4--------

D|--3--3-----------3--------

B|---------------1-----------
G|----------------------
D|--2--2------------------
A|--3-----3-----3---------

Of what I've dabbled with on this, this is what I like the best
 #76842  by mijknahs

Not too happening. Cubensis is the "big" GD band around here. Our scene is pretty small. Let me know when you're out this way (Los Angeles area) and we could at least set up a jam.

Jim