#69179  by jeffm725

per jedis request.........

this is very quick and dirty, emphasis on dirty, no clam editing :-)
just the cmon children part.......(although watch for the Hershey park "bonus" material at the end of this lesson)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6pezBRb8do&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j6pezBRb8do&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

to see the "hershey riff" that was shown in the above lesson being used (by me) in real time check out starting at 2:21 here (we made a sandwich out of tmns this night, going off on the b jam, into scarlet and then back in to the music b jam at the end of scarlet, which always makes for a rhythmic trainwreck trying to get everyone back in the 3 count out of the 4 count...{warning cell phone vid...ears were harmed in the making of this video :-):
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3tGKyKCohM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z3tGKyKCohM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
 #69201  by Billbbill

Hey jeff - nice lesson - well explained and executed. One thing though - and it's something I really have to be on top of myself as I riff over this progression -

you are indeed playing the 1st portion that follows "everybodies dancin", the A6-Bm7-5(or Dm)-A/C#- D#o7 then Dm/F-A/C#-D7-E

then over the come on children part it repeats but skips the Dm/F-A/C# part and jumps right to the D7-E after the D#o7, no?

What you show covers all the bases just the same. :cool:

Funny I've been meaning to do a vid on music myself though I would cover some other parts. If I tried this prog it would be to explain what I'm thinking while riffing over it, which seems to still be evolving somewhat at this point :lol:
 #69213  by Pete B.

Yes, We should compare video notes on this tune!
I haven't fully decoded it myself.
I do have some go-to licks for each section though.
The solo right after "and they kept on dancin'"... I like to start that with my pinky on the 17th fret high-E string (pointer finger covering the A-chord on the 12th fret) and descend/ascend in Ionian Jerry-triplettes... start and end on the same note.
I'm lookin' for a "start on the low E string and ascend all the way" lick, for that segment.
I've been thinking about how to vid my go-to licks for this song, maybe can get-'er-duun this weekend.
 #70167  by jeffm725

Billbbill wrote:Hey jeff - nice lesson - well explained and executed. One thing though - and it's something I really have to be on top of myself as I riff over this progression -

you are indeed playing the 1st portion that follows "everybodies dancin", the A6-Bm7-5(or Dm)-A/C#- D#o7 then Dm/F-A/C#-D7-E

then over the come on children part it repeats but skips the Dm/F-A/C# part and jumps right to the D7-E after the D#o7, no?

What you show covers all the bases just the same. :cool:

Funny I've been meaning to do a vid on music myself though I would cover some other parts. If I tried this prog it would be to explain what I'm thinking while riffing over it, which seems to still be evolving somewhat at this point :lol:
Bill, for the longest time I couldnt figure out what you were referring to here, but now I totally get it.

Yes, around the 8 minute mark when I demonstrate sliding into chords and hammering within the changes I just play the first 1/2 of the progression over and over (well just a couple times anyway). I do this to demonstrate the embellishments I was talking about.
You are correct though that during that demonstration I actually never "complete" what would constitiute a "full time through" in a single sequence. All parts are there throughout the video, but never in one place, I see how that could be a little confusing...................my bad..............thanks for pointing that out.