lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #152489  by tcsned

Hey all!!
We are playing at the Port O'Call in Kill Devil Hills, NC in the beautiful Outer Banks. If there is a cooler name for a town than Kill Devil Hills I haven't heard it :cool:

This is our 26th year playing at this cool club all because the late, great bar manager "Chopper" had a couple of those familiar little square pieces of perforated paper and wanted to listen to some Dead. Thankfully we amused the owner, Frank and he kept having us back . . . plus Wendy, our guitarist/vocalist is an obsessive cleaner and we always left the band house in better shape than when we got there :lol:

It is gonna be a little bittersweet this year as Frank, the owner passed away on Sunday. The future is uncertain and it sure won't be the same without that curmudgeon telling us not to "stop playing those slow songs!" :shock: He bills us as a Grateful Dead band and one year had one of his people count the number of Dead tunes we played to make sure we weren't straying from the path too far :D

Anyway, here's a video clip from last year. Anyone in the area come on by! If you drop me a message I can put you on the guest list.

#152513  by tcsned

We used to play June and August every year but it became too much to make the trip twice a year. I will be down the second week of August for a family trip.
 #152539  by tcsned

You can always come down to the beautiful New River Valley and see us on our home turf . . . and play a tune or two or three or for :D