lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #159792  by mikelawson

So, from Jan 22nd, then every other Monday night, 6-9PM until it warms up in spring, (when it goes to 7-10PM), through all of 2018, Hooteroll? is back for a third year playing the early solo career Garcia stuff, focusing largely on the Saunders/Garcia Keystone era but going here and there over the Legion of Mary and JGB years. The shows are at Acme Feed and Seed, an awesome venue with a great sound system, engineer, and large stage.

Ironically, we don't do much from the Hooteroll? album with Howard Wales, but that kind of marked the beginning of Jerry's recorded works with John Kahn, plus Bill Vitt and Martin Fiero, the latter two of whom I was very fortunate enough to perform with as part of Merl Saunders' Funky Friends between 1996 and 2001. Plus, the name wasn't being used by a Garcia tribute, so we grabbed it up. :)

I invite any of my fellow rukind musicians who find themselves in Nashville on a Monday night this year to come by and sit in, just give me a head's up that you'll be in town. We'll make the boogie.
brbadg liked this