#91508  by fafafofo

...to form a Bob Weir/Grateful Dead band. U heard it right, I wanna start a GD band that plays exclusively Weir songs. :shock:
Why? Well 1st of all, no-one else is currently doing it, 2ndly, give Bobby some love! Most of the GD bands are like 80% Garcia (and believe u me, that's great!).
But I wanna represent Bobby. Plus, it will be a unique way to break into the crowded VT GD band scene.
Interested? I will be 'Bobby', so I am looking for a solid Jerry sound-alike, as well as bass, keys, and drums, to rehearse in the vicinity of Burlington VT.
Thanks!
 #104255  by seanc

I wish i was closer...
If there were jobs up there I'd consider making a move!!
 #104280  by gr8fullfred

Again I am going to be in the area and would like to join a band, but just Bobby songs?

No Deal, Eyes, Alabama Getaway, Althea, FOTD, Bertha, China Cat, Cold Rain and Snow,
Scarlet->Fire, SHAKEDOWN, Morning Dew? None of those? Really?
 #104281  by Tennessee Jedi

Cassidy / Let It Grow / Estimated / Truckin' / Other One / M.N.S. / Sugar Mags / Jack Straw / Mexacali / Uncle / Black Throated / O.M.S.N / Around N Round !!!!! / G.S.E.T / PLAYIN ' !!!! / Samson / Minglewood / Stranger / Rooster
Some cool set lists in there
Bobs the entertainer in the Dead anyway
:smile:
 #104303  by jester536

and Lazy Lightnin' if you dare...you could do a bob show that would be like Dave Brubeck's Time Out...all songs in weird time signatures with extremely complicated rhythms...you'll have the dancers freaking out.