#2530  by phreaker

does any one know the Candyman solo? or what effects jerry uses for it? i'm talking about the studio version, this song is too rare to find many live versions of.
 #2531  by ebick

phreaker wrote:this song is too rare to find many live versions of.
Are you kidding?

#2541  by Cosmic C

Dude, Dead Set, one of the best versions and its live.
 #2548  by phreaker

ebick wrote:
phreaker wrote:this song is too rare to find many live versions of.
Are you kidding?
yes. I am.

Well, I've been into the dead for about a year now. I have a few of the Dicks Picks and many studio albums. I am limited to only hearing what they sell in cd stores in my town, which consist of only Warner Bros years and all those greatest hits which consist of the exact same song, but a with a different skeleton on the cover.

I spend all day researching Dead history. I'm the only person at my school to know who sang Touch of Gray (free-bee) let alone know who Owsley is or what cassady spent the first part of his life doing, before he met kesey.

I only recently discovered dead shows online, and am still new to the whole thing.

So don't think im just a 15 year old faking to be a dead head, and not heard any of it beyond in the dark or all those god damned greatest hits record companies cant get enough of.

But in then end. I just can't find a good version of the solo.

#2549  by ebick

Fair enough, but as you get into it more, you'll find that Candyman was performed pretty regularly.

#2550  by phreaker

ebick wrote:Fair enough, but as you get into it more, you'll find that Candyman was performed pretty regularly.
Cool, I'd like to hear it more than I have it downloaded off nugs and archive.

didnt they play some song called Trucking or something?

I'm kidding, no worries.

But I want this solo, bad.

#2555  by Shaggy

I think it is played on the pedal steel guitar.

#2569  by steve

I love the pedal steel. Too damn expensive though, can't even find a decent priced starter to learn on...

#2578  by spilly

I saw Phil in Buffalo on the third of the month. Chris Robinson did Candyman so slow and creepy, it was fantastic. Much different than I'm used to but great none the less.
by the way has anybody noticed the strange look the brother robinson always has, it's life he's a little kid about to get touched by a creep, or a creep about to touch a little kid.
it's a bit off topic, but i thought i through that out there
 #2582  by DaSylman

a Great Verion of Candyman Live where he uses the MRX Phase100 is Avavlible on the bous portin of the view From The Vault III Cd Sound Track.....It's Kick Ass....I Thinkn The Solo is in the f Locrian Scale ..If you Know Wha i Mean you'll be on the right track DaSylman
 #2635  by jesusfreak

I will try and post the solo to Dead Set. It is sweet with a nice leslie effect.