#130872  by tcsned

We just finished our set on the street and getting ready for the downtown bar gig. I love Blacksburg in the summer :-)
On the Road Again
Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burnin'
Dire Wolf
Bird Song
Walkin' After Midnight
Hesitation Blues
Mississippi Half Step
I Know You Rider
San Francisco Bay Blues
Railroad Worksong
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Tom Snediker (tcsned) Del'Arte Hommage D14 acoustic
Wendy Godley - Taylor 612
Steve "Slash" Hunt - Yamaha electric upright bass
Rick Godley - percussion

The weather was perfect, 80 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze. I love the mountains! :-)
 #130904  by tcsned

My my bluegrass band, Crossties played today - we had an awesome crowd and actually had a good sound guy

Set list:
Blue Ridge Cabin Home
Old Home Place
9 Pound Hammer
Love Come Home
Hesitation Blues
Flint Hill Special
California Cotton Fields (our 14 year-old fiddle player sang this one, the first song she's ever sung in front of people - she rocked it!
Salty Dog Blues
Columbus Stockade Blues
Rocky Top
Hobo Song
I Know You Rider --> Sally Goodin --> I Know You Rider

L-R Pete Hastings (harmonica), Avery Davis (fiddle, vocals), Gerry Skenderian (bass, baritone vocals), Craig Willoughby (mandolin, lead vocals), Craig Counts (guitar, tenor vocals) Timmy Mills (banjo), Tom Snediker (guitar, vocals) - using a chair as a footrest since some jackass forgot my guitar strap.
 #130907  by tcsned

hippieguy1954 wrote:Must have been a nice long fun day that went by really fast!. Great set lists!
It's a cool street festival. I love this town in the summer when students are gone. Some great music, a really cool African band from Berundi, Beausoleil the famous Cajun band, and a bunch of others, great street food, perfect weather for two days. Now I'm switching gears to load into the VT theater for two weeks of Shrek the Musical. Variety is the spice of life!
 #130959  by tcsned

hippieguy1954 wrote:Keep enjoying! Where ya headed after Vermont?
Oops! I forget that there's another VT - I was referring to Virginia Tech (my alma mater and in my hometown), though a trip to Vermont sounds good . . .

Tonight was the first night of dress rehearsals. It's a lot different playing in a pit down in a hole than of stage. It's a great ego check, because it isn't about me or the rest of the orchestra. It's about the actors on stage, it's cool to play a supporting role. In some ways there's more pressure to perform. If I screw up at a gig, I look like an idiot. If I screw up In musical, I hang a lot of people out to dry who have been rehearsing intensely for three months. Two more nights of rehearsal then we go up for 8 shows.