#147507  by Purple

Almost twenty years ago, a friend gave me a cassette. In the very beginning, you hear a voice saying something to the effect of "hey man, you got another ticket? I'll be your best friend!" The tape then goes on to the Dead playing, but never actually breaking into a song. I loved that tape; I played it at some very cool parties in Key West (where I lived at the time), and about once an hour or so someone would ask me who was playing on the tape. I would let the tape play over and over never changing it during a four hour party and it never got old. Somehow the tape was lost, and I would love to have another copy. Anybody know about this tape and where I can get a copy? Thank you very very much!
 #147510  by Searing75

Good luck man! Hope you find it!

This reminds me of a time when I took a taped cassette copy of Rythm of the Saints, by Paul Simon, from my older brother. At the end of side two, it is revealed what was taped over. David Bowie's Station to Station ( I think?), with the song Golden Years. All you hear is about eighteen seconds of the tune, but it was so god damn good that I had to find out what it was! I didn't know who sang, or wrote it. Then, some years later I made the discovery that it was Bowie's tune. Pretty much went out and bought all of his albums! Good shit!

Sorry. Again, good luck! It will return to you! Not the actual tape, but the feeling you had when hearing it.
 #147534  by gr8fulbluz

SlowTexasZim wrote:sounds like the collage intro to the infrared roses cd.

Yeah, That ! I dunno if that was what you were talking about. I knew I had heard something similar.
cheers