#9230  by sheshotseven

If anyone bought this album, i wanted to know if it was worth getting myself.

#9240  by Shaggy

I probably won't get this one, since all the songs can be found on his studio albums which I have and the live songs can be found on tapes or various official live releases.

I suggest you invest in all his 5 studio albums - remastered or the All Good Things Box Set.

The song choices to me seem odd at best - Let It Rock, Knockin on Heavens Door, Without Love are all poor choices. And no Midnight Getaway, Valerie for example pull it up short.

#26723  by Django

I got this from my daughter. It isn't a bad collection, it just seems like Rhino is protecting their own release investment. The first album 'Garcia' is very extensively represented on the studio side and that may because everyone has bought this one, on the other hand only having 'Compliments of' on Vinyl I was looking forward to some of those songs, but like Shaggy said, 'Let it Rock' and the song they made out of an instrumental section from that album; 'Without Love' are poor choices. I would have loved 'Mississippi Moon' or 'Turn on the Bright Lights' on there.
The live side does have a killer 'Gomorah'. The Deal on the live side is from the already released 'Live at Keen College' available as a bonus disc and I've heard many a better 'Deal'.