Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #42805  by milobender

Ibanez Artist 2700P (Musician Series Prototype) Auction:

Hello, I’m selling my reasonably rare 1977 Ibanez Artist 2700P, SN J778568, original flight case, and remote power supply. I’m the original owner, and the guitar is in completely original condition. I had to replace one of the switches the first year, but the switch was a replacement sent from Ibanez, and the proper matching switch. The gold is corroded on the bridge, from sweat; I played this guitar for over 10 years solidly.

It's got a nice 7 piece neck (maple and walnut I think) and maple cored body. I don't know what the dark wood of the body is. It has active electronics with bass, mid, and treble active tone controls. There is a switch to engage or disengage the preamp/tone controls. It is in very good condition.

There are a couple of small dings, and one place where I turned into a cymbal and chipped a piece of finish off... it didn't mark the wood at all, but a piece about the size of a pea is off and I don't have the finish expertise to fix it myself... Also the flight-case has a piece of corner-molding missing, and a corner piece. Pictures are available at:

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa16 ... %20Artist/

And I will add some more shortly…

The auction will begin now, and will end at 9:00 pm Thursday, May 1st. I will not open any of the bids until that time, so if you change your mind before the deadline, you can send amended bids, and the one last sent will be the official bid.

Minimum bid will be $2000 and actual shipping/insurance costs will be added to the successful bid. If there is a problem with the highest bidder, and the sale cannot be completed, the winning bid will be awarded to the next highest bidder.

If the winner prefers, www.escrow.com may be used to finish the transaction with the fees being split evenly.

Send your bid to brian@9mileskid.com with the subject line “2700 Bid”

I’m happy to answer any questions you might have, just write to the same address but put “Question about 2700” in the subject line, and I’ll get right back to you.

Good Luck!

#42824  by caspersvapors

ill give you a quarter for it

#42825  by milobender

a quarter what?

#42837  by milobender

I forgot to mention in the description, it's got a brass/bone nut, and the frets have just been leveled and dressed... :smile: :smile:

#42838  by Tennessee Jedi

I need some of your Guitar Karma Milo !
Let me know if guitars fall off you as you walk down the street so I can follow you around ...
Must be hard to part with - The Ibanez.
Good luck.I hope it finds a good home.
:smile:
Still loving the JerryCaster....

#42840  by milobender

We don't have any streets here... :shock: :D :shock: but you're welcome to follow me around to see :lol:

Actually it is very strange selling the Ibanez. That was my sole/soul (electric) guitar for more than 20 years. Who know how many hours... gigs, partys etc... :smile: :smile: Truth is though, for me the single coil sound is what I like now, and I like the 25.5 inch scale too... The 24 fret/24.75" scale is great, but all the higher frets are a bit too close together for my fingers anyway... I hope it goes to someone who will play it as much as I did. It's a great guitar, I played it for awhile last night.

I'm loving the new Jerry-Caster right now too! And if the Ibanez sells, I'll be down to only one that I didn't make myself :shock: