Musical Theory Abound!!!
 #76115  by wtractor

anybody have the chords for this? i've been trying to do it by ear, and can't seem to nail it. this is from the 3-25-72 show on dick's picks 30
 #123497  by bobbyo1986

chords starts off E and A going back and forth sharing a bar... then when the verse starts its the same thing but after a cple times it stays on the A for like 4 bars and then goes up to the B for a bar and back to E.. try listening to the Garcia/Saunders version from 74 its on Youtube
 #123512  by bobbyo1986

my mistake,continuation going deeper into the song its definitely not 4 bars of staying on the A ..its 2 then up to the B then the E .. then A for a couple bars.. it then does a walk down type thing from a D chord to C#m to Bm to E.. then to B back down to the A to "lonely for you" E.. I know you asked for the chords like 2 yrs ago so you might not see this but hopefully itll help someone else trying to learn, I know I didnt get specific enough to tell you exactly how many bars for each chord and organize but it is good enough to help you help yourself learn the tune. If anyone sees this that can help I'm trying to figure out what the rhythm guitar part is doing in the help>slip transition . I know it uses a climbing dminished chord after the F lick (jerry run) G lick (jerry run) but then Im not sure what exactly to do.