Musical Theory Abound!!!
 #138782  by greasymike

I have an unusual request. Anyone out there familiar with the topics mentioned in the title. I am trying to develop a show set list and want to develop it along astrological/cosmological lines. Anyone familiar with modal chanting as is practiced in the Ukrainian/Greek Catholic/Orthodox church? My grandfather died Holy Saturday and was buried on Bright Wednesday. The funeral mass during Bright Week was performed with chanting done in a mixolydian mode. The mode used depends on the day of the week, season, etc.
I want to develop a set list in memorium to my grandfather and I want to develop it like I said using the concepts described in the title. I am not a musician. Just thought someone may find this interesting and I need some help. An unusual request but any help would be kindly appreciated. Thanks.
 #138938  by Griffyote

This is just scratching the surface of what you are inquiring about.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=264974
But the guys are great to send an email or pm to if you have a question. Be aware that the scope of the question you are asking is akin to " the meaning of life".You could spend a lifetime researching this subject and I would encourage it.but more specifically it is not what you are probably looking for.