#65487  by rockstarbobbyw

So Itunes is pretty convenient...I generally label live shows with a gd19xx.xx.xx

I have been trying to redo the Dick's Picks so they are listed under the date. I put which Dick's Picks under the comments and in the album artwork.

So then I come to Volume 7....I know which songs are which date, but I would like to have each album labeled as gd1974.09.10 or whatever, but I also would like to be able to play Dick's Picks Volume 7 in the correct order if I feel like it.

Does anyone know of a way to group the the songs accordingly? Anybody found an awesome solution I haven't thought of?

any help or suggestions are appreciated...
 #65497  by ebick

if you are talking about playing via iTunes vs iPod then there is a field called SortAlbum which you can use differently than Album.
 #65506  by Emoto

To get the order of songs to be correct, fill in the disc and track number fields. In iTunes right click, select Get Info, and then under the Info tab you will find the fields.

First you should highlight (select) multiple songs in iTunes that you want to be, say, disc 1, right click, get info, info, then fill in the disc as disc 1. Then say ok or done or whatever it is and get info on each song individually and fill in the desired track number and the total number of tracks on the disc. For example, track 1 of 8. You could conceivably make the whole show a single disc with tracks 1 through whatever, if you wanted to.

Also make sure shuffle is "off" to get things played in the right order.
 #65516  by ebick

rockstarbobbyw wrote:Thanks for the info...

...I am basically wanting to assign two albums to the same track which may not be possible

Play Dead ....:smile:

I have the same issue, and I don't think you can.......here's my issue.....I don't like wasting space on the iPod (even though I have lots) having the same song out there 2x. So I may have some compilation album that has the same exact recording that I have on the original cd. I want to be able to play both cds through, but only have the track out there once. I don't think you can do it. The best solution I have come up with is to have a playlist for the compilation cd.