#160030  by wisconsindead

Looking for a guitarist(s) interested in playing the Grateful Dead. Would also likely play Phish, Dylan, random jam band covers etc. Vocalists also encouraged to reach out.

Would love to find someone in the Greater Milwaukee Area that actually has a good influence from Jerry Garcia or Bob Weir. Having similar tone/gear/musicality would be awesome.

I am a bassist (29/M) with a Phil Lesh insprired rig. Have a drummer (32/M), keyboardist (24/M) that is on board. I also have a singer (29/M) that could fill the pigpen slot nicely. Age is irrelevant.
 #168968  by JimmyFitz

Hey bud, I know your ad is pretty old, but I'm looking to join a band that's a little different than the one I'm in. I live in Cambridge (about an hour west of Milwaukee) and play lead guitar in a classic rock/blues band right now. Before that, I played bass for a few years in a band called the Driftless, doing country/Americana/cover stuff. I'm open to most styles of music and hoping to resume regular local gigging once Covid is over. I've been playing for 20 years and my main setup is a Gibson '61 SG or Firebird through a Fender tube amp or Roland JC-40. People have compared my sound to Jerry and Trey, although I disagree out of respect.

As for your band, do you guys normally practice on a regular basis, and do you guys play gigs? Got a setlist or songlist in mind?

Let me know if you're interested, thanks!
 #168976  by lbpesq

I played saxophone in school band until seventh grade when I discovered girls, weed, and electric guitar. I wish I’d kept up with the sax. It truly is the sexiest sounding instrument. I’ve heard it said the guy was naked when he invented the saxophone!

Bill, tgo