#57622  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Hey Kids,

Thought I would give a quick review of the Hampton shows.

First off, I went to nights one and two and left yesterday so I missed the third one.

Opening up the weekend with Fluffhead which hadn't been played since 2000 was absolutely ridiculous. I'll never feel an adrenaline surge like that again in my life, and I must admit I got a little choked up and I wasn't alone with that for sure.

I don't have the time or desire to write a lengthy review of every song and all of that so I'll make a few points that should get you guys pumped for any upcoming shows you are planning on attending.

Not sure if Kuroda is still doing the lights, but whoever is doing it is insane. Lights were out of this world.

Their sound system, including their individual rigs seems to have been downscaled quite a bit. And it's a good thing. We sat both nights just off of Page in the bottom of the seated section. Basically sounded like I was listening to a hi-fi system in my living room, crystal clarity that IMO is the best in the world right now by far from anything I have seen ever.

Trey. Trey. Trey.

First off, I could swear he had a Boogie next to his Deluxe but I couldn't see over Page's rig enough to be sure. His tone was just perfect. Sounded much better than it did at the end of their run. Just perfect. His playing was equally ridiculous and I am afraid to even pick up a guitar now after watching him destroy the universe for two nights straight.

The guy was just on top of his game, clean, sober and really money. I mean money! I saw them first in '91 and I don't ever recall seeing him more on top of it. It was really nice to see and I think that was the best part of the whole weekend. Trey has had a rough go at it the past few years and it was really nice to see him doing what he loves and doing it as well I have ever seen him do it.
 #57634  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

love the self reply.

I have seen a few photos by nw and though still not fully confirmed, I am pretty sure the Boogie is back in Trey's rig. He's running it with the Deluxe.

Apparently he has the Ross Compressor back in the rig as well.
 #57637  by tigerstrat

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:love the self reply.

I have seen a few photos by nw and though still not fully confirmed, I am pretty sure the Boogie is back in Trey's rig. He's running it with the Deluxe.

He definitely has the old "speaker doors" cabinet in which he housed the Mesa and later the Groove Tube, but I couldn't get any better detail out of the YouTube vids.

And I didn't see Trey's little electro-drum setup that he had started noodling on in '95
 #57638  by jonarobb

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:love the self reply.

His tone is sick, it's so good....

He ditched the Deluxes and is using a 180w Boogie Mark IIb Colliseum Head. Not the same one he had years ago. Looks like the Bruno cab is there as well as an old Ampeg Gemini. The guy is a gearhead.
 #57647  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Awesome info. I could basically see just the tops of the amps as I was looking over Page's rig.

I thought I saw the Deluxe but I guess not. Friday night I had some fuzzy vision ya know.

And yeah, he has the tone goin' on, pretty much always did but this time it brought me back to the Trey of '92, '93.
 #57683  by CountryMile Cadillac

I saw this today, Be Careful Out there kids............

HAMPTON, Va. — Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.

Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.

Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.

Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.
 #57694  by Rusty the Scoob

Glad I don't live in Virginia.

Thanks for the info on his setup! Based on the MP3s I downloaded it sure did sound like the old Boogies. Did he switch back to the old blonde Languedoc with the 3 pickups or is he still using the newer Mahogany-looking one with two chrome humbuckers?
 #57695  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

A friend of mine took some pics of the weekend.

Here's the link. Towards the end there a bunch of great shots of Trey's rig. You can see the Deluxe, the Ampeg, and the new Boogie. He was using the darker Languedoc, I think it may be Koa?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cschwa17/s ... 2972/show/
 #57699  by tigerstrat

I can see a BF-ish Fender, and can now make out the Ampeg combo, in addition to the Mesa. How can one tell from the front if it's a Coliseum or a IIB?

Almost looks like that's NOT the Bruno rack/cab, but two 2x12's (possibly HT?) bookending a cloth-grilled cab in the center? http://www.flickr.com/photos/cschwa17/3 ... 903722972/

Sucks we can't save or post your bud's photos to try to zoom in and see better.
 #57701  by tigerstrat

Great shot of Mike's rig:

#57712  by Pete B.

How about this for a crossover tribute band name?...

"The Dead Phish"
 #57717  by jonarobb

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:A friend of mine took some pics of the weekend.

Here's the link. Towards the end there a bunch of great shots of Trey's rig. You can see the Deluxe, the Ampeg, and the new Boogie. He was using the darker Languedoc, I think it may be Koa?

Great shots! There's the Deluxe alright behind his cabs. The Mesa looks like a Mark III long head. The 4 toggles on the right are usually only found on the Colliseum or Long Heads. But I could be wrong. Those pictures are very cool. Looks like the Ampeg might be part of Mike Gordon's rig.
 #57718  by Rusty the Scoob

jonarobb wrote:Looks like the Ampeg might be part of Mike Gordon's rig.
I believe this is correct... placed there so Trey can hear Mike. It sure looks like about like one of these: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ampeg-B200R ... 1145699.gc

#57793  by hard truckers co

Here is the exact info on Trey's amps. I think it was in here people were discussing the Treys two amps on stage at the Hampton reunion shows. Trey was using both amps the first night aprox 50/50. Second nite was 80/20 boogie and the final night was almost all boogie. For those that care he also put back in his ross compressor. This is straight from Trey's tech Brian Brown. Enjoy

Glenn
www.hardtruckers.com
 #63224  by paulinnc

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:A friend of mine took some pics of the weekend.

My friend that I went to the shows with can be seen standing directly behind the guys with the slave banner. He has on a light blue t shirt and longish hair. That night we sat in the same spot only directly across the venue, so the guy who took these pics was sitting right in front of me.