#70972  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Another chapter in this thread. And Happy New Year people, hope it's a great one for all of you.

So I hit two of the Miami Phish shows. Since Mrs. Crazy 9.5 nor I couldn't really lock down a solid babysitting option for the NYE show, I parlayed it into going with some friends to the middle two shows instead. The show on the 30th was immediately put into my top 5 shows of all time which includes a veritable shitload of shows since 92.

I could go on and on but I really just wanted to mention to the guitar players here that Trey is just flat out playing the best guitar of his career. Fewer notes, tastier notes and bends, better story telling, great energy, and just more of that bag that only Trey has. Have to say it's been pretty awesome watching his evolution over the years. Not to mention, the dude has quite possibly the best tone out there these days. Hasn't he always though? As far as the rig goes, looks like he is back on just the Boogie. Anyway, next time they come your way, they shouldn't be missed.
 #70994  by pharewellphish

yea summer was ok/good and fall and this nye run were amazing. some of my favorite shows ever. i really thought they were gunna shoot fish out of that cannon thursday night
 #80724  by squire758

sorry i havent posted in forever. i was at the detroit show nov, 18 09 and it was just mind blowing. i agree with everyone who said their sound quality was great. it really did sound like a high def stereo system. the standard is set. will there be a successor to phish? the way some people feel about their taking the torch from the dead??
 #80738  by tigerstrat

squire758 wrote:the standard is set. will there be a successor to phish? the way some people feel about their taking the torch from the dead??
It seems clear that the successor to Phish is...Phish.
 #80739  by squire758

indeed they are back but there are so many musicians these days deeply inspired by phish and ive been to many local shows where people(including myself regularly doing covers such as stash, lifeboy,etc) trying to capture that sound. one of them is bound to make it and start this thing all over again
 #80741  by Rusty the Scoob

I'm sure someone will come along eventually, in fact I really hope so. So far none of the other jambands are on that GD/Phish level to me, where I never ever get tired of them. We're about due, actually.... GD lasted from 1965-1995, Phish is from 1984-present.

Imagine that? Phish is at the equivalent of 1991 in Dead years, and they're still coming out with tunes like Time Turns Elastic.
 #80744  by squire758

id say the only concert ive been to that somewhat came close to gd/ph would be widespread panic, i loved their show it was really great although i would respectfully point out that at some points it seemed that content was sacrificed to exhibit amazing fingerwork ability by Herring