#48660  by krzykat

i've heard rumors that phish will kick off a summer tour starting in coventry, Now which tour would you want to do?

I know my answer!!! I've been waiting 13 yrs for this tour to happen.

#48662  by weirimpressed

I dunno about coventry, but either way two amazing bands are about to reunite.....

think about it :cool:
:D

#48664  by tigerstrat

Hmmm an all-original line-up or one missing its key, totally irreplaceable ingredient...? Nothing in the Dead realm will ever come close to what was possible with Jerry around, obviously. With Phish, it would be all the original guys and the possibility of real magic imho. Other Ones '98 and Phish fall '98 were both pretty much the end of my touring days, so its been 10 years for either camp, but I've seen PLF&RD a few times... I'd say definitely Phish, if I was to hit either, but only if I get reliable reports that they're playing lots of oldschool stuff and ripping it hard.

#48665  by willmusic

I like apples. And I like oranges, too!

#48667  by acidrain30005

Oh man I'm definitely gonna try to see Phish if they come my way. But I'll see the Dead too for sure.

:cool:

#48669  by acidrain30005

I just got this idea: what if they toured together? That would be awesome.

#48670  by strumminsix

tigerstrat wrote:Hmmm an all-original line-up or one missing its key, totally irreplaceable ingredient...? Nothing in the Dead realm will ever come close to what was possible with Jerry around, obviously. With Phish, it would be all the original guys and the possibility of real magic imho. Other Ones '98 and Phish fall '98 were both pretty much the end of my touring days, so its been 10 years for either camp, but I've seen PLF&RD a few times... I'd say definitely Phish, if I was to hit either, but only if I get reliable reports that they're playing lots of oldschool stuff and ripping it hard.
Big time agree on all points especially the last one that i bolded.

#48688  by Tennessee Jedi

I like apples. And I like oranges, too!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#48690  by st stephen

If i had to pick one to tour with.....PHISH

no jerry :cry: i will not be touring so i will hit up as many as i can of both bands.

#48697  by CountryMile Cadillac

How could you guys pass on seeing the boys together?

I can't believe on a Dead forum, they are getting bumped for a band (using the term loosley) that will most likley play many more times together.

Respect your elders!!

#48699  by Tennessee Jedi

How could you guys pass on seeing the boys together?
Yeah man !
Novelty factor alone is a good reason !
Phish has years of rocking ahead ....

#48702  by weirimpressed

Im definitely saving my swiss for the Phish reunion, but if The Dead come my way (east coast) Ill hit them up too.

#48703  by tigerstrat

CountryMile Cadillac wrote:How could you guys pass on seeing the boys together?

I can't believe on a Dead forum, they are getting bumped for a band (using the term loosley) that will most likley play many more times together.

Respect your elders!!
Exactly. A "band" (you won't even allow them to be termed a band???) that might actually play together with ALL of its original members, going back 23-24 years vs. a "band" that is not, and never again will be the band that we fell in love with.

Respect Jerry!

#48704  by krzykat

CountryMile Cadillac wrote:How could you guys pass on seeing the boys together?

Respect your elders!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :?

everyone else should be ashamed of yourselves :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (just kidding but seriously?)

#48730  by 4winds

No question... The Dead.
We can only reflect back to the days when Jerry was still with us but it would still be amazing. I saw them in 2003 with Jimmy Herring and it brought back memories and made everyone happy!
Please do one more tour!!! :smile: