#31894  by CaptainTripsYEM

could someone recommend me a compression pedal?
I play mainly jazz and dabble in blues and rock from time to time.
thanks a lot!

#31899  by tigerstrat

Probably the best one currently made is the Robert Keeley Compressor, which comes in either a 2-knob or 4-knob model.

#31910  by amyjared

The cheapest one is a Behringer. Only around $20 and works pretty well. Cheap enough to try until you can afford the best :-)

#31915  by shakedown_04092

tigerstrat wrote:Probably the best one currently made is the Robert Keeley Compressor, which comes in either a 2-knob or 4-knob model.
I fully agree. Just tried one out 2 weeks ago to compare against my Analogman BicompROSSer, and honestly, I like Keeley's better. Much quieter, too, I found. The only reason I'm keeping Mike's is because I like having both the Juicer AND compressor in one unit, and even though ideally I'd like to have just the Juicer and a Keeley comp, I can't really afford it at this point. Though after just saying that, I'm tempted to send the Bicomp back in exchange for the Juicer and just say "fuck it". That is if Mike will take it back.....just emailed him so we'll see. Either way, for $240, I'd go w/ Keeley.

#31921  by strumminsix

Life is too short for cheap pedals.

I've tried the Keeley some time back and liked it.

The soundclips from CMATMODS are impressive as well.

A comp is never in my arsenal since I don't like how it changes my dynamics.

However the Keeley seemed to somehow keep the dynamics while comping niceling.

#31948  by strumminsix

spacehead33 - I haven't met a Boss pedal that I like.

#31956  by jahozer

I have a Boss CS2. I like it a lot. Its very transparent, and sustains til the cows come home.
Supossedly the older CS2 is gads better than the current CS3. Gilmore used one. I got mine cheap on ebay. I think like 40 bucks or so. Not quite the Trey squishiness that some people want. For that a Ross or the the AM comprosser. They are not as transparent, but thats what gives that Trey sound.
I can get close enough. I really dont try to sound like Trey, so thats not a feature I need. It rounds out my Qtron and gives me feed back and sustain.
Some boss pedals are great and some arent. This one is great IMO.