#27415  by High Peaks

great thread. WHen my wife read it, she just laughed and said, "see what i've had to deal with."

#27433  by zoppenheimer

You know you're a deadhead when your idea of variety
is listening to a studio album instead of a live
recording.
...or when you idea of variety is 69, 74, 77, 82 and 87

#27434  by razmablues

zoppenheimer wrote:

You know you're a deadhead when your idea of variety
is listening to a studio album instead of a live
recording.
...or when you idea of variety is 69, 74, 77, 82 and 87
agreed :D

my friend couldn't tell it's the dead when i put on a late an 88 show, he had just listened to live/dead

#27441  by Billbbill

...you wake up in the afternoon the day after a show in a room of a red roof inn meant for a family of 4 with 15 other people, 6 of whom you don't even know.

...you dance from your seat to the bathroom, from the bathroom to the concession line, while on the concession line, and from the concession line back to your seat.

...you hang out in a spot at a show groovin to the music yet not once bother to LOOK at the band.

...you drive 200 miles to see a show in the middle of July with the heat on so the car doesn't oveheat cause it's the only way you're getting there.

...you're not all that bummed about having just seen a so-so show cause you know the next one might be a gem.

:cool:

#27463  by jdasa

Billbbill wrote:
...you hang out in a spot at a show groovin to the music yet not once bother to LOOK at the band. :cool:
I guess I relate to all of these, but this one takes the cake...

I loved "seeing" shows from behind the stage.

On time, at an indoor show, I was in front row of the balcony on Phil's side of the stage, but I was so close to the stage that the only thing I could see was an ENORMOUS speaker, Jerry's legs and Vince's feet.

I loved it. Didn't need to worry about he post-Healy guys having the volume too low....

#27467  by Billbbill

jdasa wrote: I loved "seeing" shows from behind the stage.
That's actually where I spent a number of shows and what I was talking about. :P
jdasa wrote:
...the only thing I could see was an ENORMOUS speaker, Jerry's legs and Vince's feet.

I loved it. Didn't need to worry about he post-Healy guys having the volume too low....
lol!

#27470  by BlobWeird

Hows this one? And i really do this which is a little sad lol. When you see the clock and it says 11:06 and you think of that sweet Truckin jam from 11/06/77 and so on. Haha I dunno how it happened but it happens alot.

#27471  by jdasa

BlobWeird wrote:Hows this one? And i really do this which is a little sad lol. When you see the clock and it says 11:06 and you think of that sweet Truckin jam from 11/06/77 and so on. Haha I dunno how it happened but it happens alot.
This I don't do, but I constantly slip Dead lyrics into my everyday convesations. Like if someone tells me they are going to California, almost instinctively I'll respond, "ah, the Prophet on the Burning Shore"

Or if someone comes up to me and starts complaining about something stupid, I'm liable to say:

Cat on a tin roof
Dogs in a pile
Nothin' left to do but
Smile Smile Smile

And there are whole lote more...

Maybe topic for a different thread?

#27477  by LazyLightnin

you know your a Deadhead when.....

this is your 464th post :D

#27496  by GratefulPat

i cant think of one...but the rest are quite good.. im only 20 but and i got the west coast hotline thing... thats good

#27503  by frankielee

when you have just been to a five night run both early and late shows...you get to school the next morning...you have leveled off at about 100,000 feet and you go into the park across the street from school,sit under a big maple tree and a leaf gently flutters down from the tree landing on your head and you smile and say OUCH! :-)

#27578  by hobbsy

...when you play college basketball and, in the middle of a game mind you, you've got eyes of the world or terrapin station or some far-out deadjam going on in your head.... It's happened several times and I haven't found it detrimental to my focus or concentration.

#27604  by blombie

this is great!

Who still has boxs of tapes in the basement and can't bear to throw them away.