#27608  by shakedown_04092

blombie wrote:this is great!

Who still has boxs of tapes in the basement and can't bear to throw them away.
<==here!

And I'll never throw 'em away. Spent too much time with them, trying to get them, etc. It's part of my life; they tell a story. I'll be buried w/ 'em.
brbadg liked this

#27609  by acidrain30005

Number 24 isn't fair. I mean, come on, everybody knows the words to Truckin better than Bob does

#27610  by Billbbill

blombie wrote:this is great!

This is totally me as well. I even just brought them from my last abode to my new digs where they'll likely continue to gather dust. Though once in a while I'll pull one out.

#27624  by krzykat

when you drive from shore line to vermont just to see one show, then drive back

#27633  by jackr

blombie wrote:
I am guilty of that!! I never listen to them but cant part with them either!
 #27641  by Tennessee Jedi

Sitting behind the stage was where it was at.
I just played some old tapes the other day.Whoa.Sound quality was real bad.Sped up and or warble-y.Still didn't throw them away though.
You know you are Head when Patchouli = a shower.

#27711  by kcsnickers

What does "got 8" mean? I dont get that one.

#27712  by krzykat

kcsnickers wrote:What does "got 8" mean? I dont get that one.
west coast dead hotline

#28106  by GratefulFloyd

well, this one happened to me this morning.

you know you're a deadhead when you put on Grateful Dead radio and an awesome version of Loose Lucy from 74 is playing, and you just have to sit and listen to it because it's that good, even though you know you're gonna miss the bus and have to walk 30 minutes to campus for a class that starts in 30 minutes.

it was ok though, i listened to some more Dead while i made my way to class.

#28109  by WeCanSharetheWiiine

I hear ya, GratefulFloyd... I was on my way to a friends house listening to the truckin' jam from hundred year hall and had to drive around the block a few times til the song was over!

Re:

#64974  by wtractor

Yeah I do this one a lot (quote dead lyrics)... best band ever. i don't even like listening to anything else.
jdasa wrote:
BlobWeird wrote:Hows this one? And i really do this which is a little sad lol. When you see the clock and it says 11:06 and you think of that sweet Truckin jam from 11/06/77 and so on. Haha I dunno how it happened but it happens alot.
This I don't do, but I constantly slip Dead lyrics into my everyday convesations. Like if someone tells me they are going to California, almost instinctively I'll respond, "ah, the Prophet on the Burning Shore"

Or if someone comes up to me and starts complaining about something stupid, I'm liable to say:

Cat on a tin roof
Dogs in a pile
Nothin' left to do but
Smile Smile Smile

And there are whole lote more...

Maybe topic for a different thread?
 #64975  by Pete B.

At work I often like to say... "Uhh... Lets not fence ourselves in the lines we might have drawn"... when met with resistance to a new idea I am proposing for fixing an ongoing problem.