Place for the rest of the music
 #154080  by playingdead

Just got in a new Santa Cruz Firefly -- tiny little parlor-sized acoustic, but huge tone. Ran off a quick Katie Mae to demo it for my website. What a cool little guitar.

Remember folks, I can get you kind prices on fine acoustic and electric guitars, and not just on lefties, always happy to order righties for fellow Heads -- Collings, Duesenberg, Fender Custom Shop, Gibson Historics, PRS, Froggy Bottom, Santa Cruz, etc. etc. etc.
 #154086  by tcsned

awesome Vic!! That guitar does have a big sound . . . good playing always helps too :cool: :cool: :cool:
 #154089  by playingdead

Thanks, folks. When I was younger, I used to play only a full-sized dreadnought, but there is some real magic in smaller acoustic guitars, and I'm not just talking about a tiny parlor like that Firefly. Bob Weir's preferred acoustic is a little 14-fret 00, and there is something about sitting on a couch with a small-bodied acoustic where the songs just pour out of the guitar -- whether they are songs of your own or someone else's. There are plenty of little guitars that sound every bit as big as their larger cousins. Next time you're at a shop with a good selection of nice acoustics, try an 0, a 00 or even an OM. I have a real nice dread of my own, and plenty of nice full-sized guitars in my inventory, but it's a 00 I reach for every morning.
 #154090  by strumminsix

Sounds great, Vic! And sweet guitar! Love the smaller acoustics! My couch guitar is my first acoustic: Ibanez Performer PF5 SN and the stage is a AY-WY1. Both smaller that D bodies. Depending on who's talking I'll hear auditorium or orchestra type models. Either way I find them to be very comfortable for electric players and much easier to sit in the mid than full Ds.