Place for the rest of the music
 #151573  by playingdead

One more from Playing Dead's gig last weekend at The Cannery.

Using a Fractal AX8 direct to FOH. I made some tweaks to the envelope filter block I created. Delay is still a little out of control. LOL

Jimbo's wah sound is a little thin. And I'm NOT playing through the Line 6. (Or a Fender Mustang.) :shock:

https://youtu.be/fD5mdxfil3w

#151579  by jackaroo

Sound is very very nice. My only negative critique...The tempo seems a little sluggish to me.

I like the tone of the guitar a lot. My Mu sounds don't sound nearly that good. I think that I like a little slower opening on the Mu and a little less top end, but it sounds very "wet" not reverb mind you...but the Mu itself. Very compelling when you consider that's all coming from the floorboard.

The band sounds nice with one drummer IMHO. In fact always preferred the GD with just Billy...except the crazy psychedelic stuf from 68-9.

Anyway...I think you guys run a good outfit for sure. Man, the recording sounds very nice and there's lots of room between the various elements...something that I'm always striving for with in my group. Everyone wants to play everything! I'll be sending this link to my guys and asking them to take notes.

Cheers,

JD
 #151612  by playingdead

Thanks!

I posted the parameters for that envelope filter block I wrote over on the Fractal Audio forum, if anyone here wants the details, I can do the same.
 #151636  by MattMan

Nice tempo IMO.

I've always felt its harder to play a funky dance number like Shakedown at a slower rather than faster tempo.