#102204  by hippieguy1954

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I Live in Up-State NY. I Play 6-String Bass. BUT@ I am 13 And I Have A band
That is very cool, Phil Lesh101! My Son is 17, plays drums. My Daughter is 12 and plays guitar. I had a band when I was 14. Now I'm 57 and have been through a hand full of bands over the years. Unforunatly, none have lasted, lol! I am currently working with another guitar player and slowly searching for other players. Thanks for responding. It would be cool jammin with ya, but I'm sure your very busy with your band and gettin ready for school to start. It's good to have some young blood here! New ideas etc. are a good thing. Keep playin and never stop. Even when/if it seems pointless or boring, just keep playin. It's something that will keep you company and expand your horizons for your whole life! Glad your here!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #126979  by kansaschris

Chris.

Modulus vj 4

I like to arrange Dead tunes for bass. Last one I did was He's Gone.

Non dead would probably be Steely Dan. I know probably 5-6 SD songs.

Or Donna Lee. That's kinda my warm up song.
Last edited by kansaschris on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #126980  by kansaschris

Oh yeah, gear...

Early 90s swr Goliath 4x10
Mid 90s trace 4x10
Goliath jr
Trace elliot sm250 15 combo
Alembic f-1x
Crest power amp

Just sold my 01 ken smith black tiger 6 (similar to what phil played in early 1990) so I could buy a modulus jazz 4 string. Got bored with the 6 six string. Love my Modulus. It doesn't have the tone of a Ken Smith but I like the neck and weight of the modulus. Someday I'd like to get a 4 string KS.
 #143813  by GuildBass

Guess I'm the latest addition.
Been playing bass on and off for about 22 years. I probably spend equal time tinkering with electronics in them as I do playing.
My favorite basses are Guild Starfires.

Fav GD tune to play- Begonias
Non GD- Crown of Creation
 #143817  by TI4-1009

I have four basses, but I'd hardly call myself a bass "player". :oops:

Squier MIK Precision
Squier VM Jazz
Rouge Hofner knock-off.
(all lefties)

I just picked up a long-lusted-after Casady Epi bass. They don't make them lefty so I'm on a project to reverse it. Not a lot of fun with a semi-hollowbody. Drill holes, plug holes, fish all the electronics through the f-holes, repaint, make a new nut..... :?

I usually just play them through my Mesa Lonestar going out to an Ampeg cab with a 15" speaker.