#31478  by Panda Licker

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one, this forum hardly gets used at all!

so this can be a sign in

Name, Years playing, type of bass,

um...

favorite song to play (One dead song, one non)

oh, rank and serial #

Angelo Oliveria
4 years
Ric 4001
Favorite Dead song to play: FotD or Dire Wolf
Favorite non dead : Hey Bulldog

#31479  by jck_strw

Just to sidestep a bit:

You know what would be great? If Panda (and the rest of the bass players) could contribute some bass tracks for others to use. That would be kinda cool, I would think. It would be cool to have something play along to. Could you record yourself when you play FoTD (or Dire Wolf, that would be even better) and upload it?

Just a thought.
 #31480  by gratephulphish123

not a bass player, but man oh man hey bulldog is a great song. gotta love the beatles

i can play bass however, i have an ovation electric/acoustic bass (borrowed permanently from an enemy), suppose thats sort of a dick move but when she starts stalking my friend i get to keep the bass
 #31481  by Panda Licker

gratephulphish123 wrote:not a bass player, but man oh man hey bulldog is a great song. gotta love the beatles

i can play bass however, i have an ovation electric/acoustic bass (borrowed permanently from an enemy), suppose thats sort of a dick move but when she starts stalking my friend i get to keep the bass
I'd say its your now too. I actually had an old ovation solidbody. A Magnum II. I ended up returning it to my uncle (it was on extended loan.) They sure as hell don't make basses like that anymore

I'd love to record something and post it. Might take me a while, as my computer sucks. I normally only record my stuff analog on an old 4 Tascam 4 track I have. But I'll give digital a whirl. I'll keep you posted.

#31485  by shakedown_04092

My bro-ham plays bass, he's registered here but never contributes - I'll see if I can change that. :cool:

#31487  by CaptainTripsYEM

ive been playing a fender standard j-bass for about 5 years. china cat sunflower and harry hood

#31494  by maximinus

Been playing Bass for about 13 years now. Currently bass player for English Dead cover band The Cosmic Charlies.

Fav song to play: Playing In The Band

#31496  by germfisk

I, too dabbled in playing bass once. Not in 'Nam of course. :lol:

#31504  by AugustWest

I am another bass player

Play fender geddy lee jazz and a off brand fretless called a douglas. (which I love!) Here is a link http://www.rondomusic.com/product752.html

Favorite song to play is eyes of the world and the other one.

Non dead tune. any 12 bar blues song.

#31510  by d-v-s

hell, i'm not sure what I play anymore - half bass-player, half electic, half acoustic... I travel all the time for business, so I don't play in a band or anything. I started as a bass player, but got sick of lugging an amp everywhere after I started travelling, so picked up the acoustic (6-string). Taught myself some chords and theory, and now I mostly play acoustic, cuz i like the richer sound than playing bass by myself.

When I play bass, I play an ovation acoustic 5-string bass - wonderful guitar!!! I also have a Jamaha fretless somewhere - last I saw it was somewhere in southern NH. I left it in the states so I have something to play when I visit.

When I had a jam buddy, I only really had a chance to play blues and jimi'esque type base lines - a little boring to play, but trippy and hypnotic as hell bass lines. Great after a good smoke... At that time the only dead songs i knew was fire on the mountain and love light. We also used to play Dear Mr. Fantasy.

I like the idea of posting some dead bass tracks for others to listen to/jam over/whatever. I'll see if I can put something together with the equipment i have available to me here in Turkey.

#31511  by Tennessee Jedi

Yo d-v-s,hows it going?
Thats cool that you are in Turkey.
Whats it like over there?
Do the peps treat ya good?
Anyway Yeah that would be great if there was some kind of jam tracks here on the R U Kind.
Kinda surprised that it hasnt been done already 'cause people around here gots lots of talent.And tech.exp.,too
Bass drumz and vocals would be cool.
Good luck in Turkey :cool:

#31574  by causebass

hey there fellow bassist...I play a custom made 5 string that I call Clara..made by Jimmy Wilson of Landing Guitars http://www.landingbass.com/
model 532T...also check out pics and sounds on our website http://www.theCAUSEjams.com..also have a Yamaha 4 string BB604..I play thru a David Eden WT-550 head into 1 SWR 2X10 and 1 SWR 1-15..have some effects but only use them on occasion, boss chorus and delay..been playing for longer than I care to think about..but continue to have a blast playing GD tunes with a great band..had the awesome experience of being at Fur Peace Ranch earlier this year to take workshop with one of my hero's Jack Casady, that was very cool..keep rocking that bottom!!

#31584  by LazyLightnin

searching for a bass in NE ohio area...help :(

Wow CauseBass, your band is phenominal! such a sweet sweet sound. you really oughtta put more up on archive so as i might be able to download a whole show. but that Sophia was outrageously beautiful. hope you guys play the Ledges next summer.

#31586  by spilly

a couple years back my buddy's desperatly needed a bass player, so I took up the task, but I've found that most guitar players play the bass as if it were a guitar. So I put put down my guitar for six months in order to focus on the bass alone. the experience was very enlightening. I gained alot of theory knowledge and finger strenghth and had a great time. It really helped me with my orchestration. after that I went back to guitar, but about a year ago a a different group of friends lost their bass player right before a few shows, so I learned their tunes real quick and filled in untill they found a replacement, that to was enlightening becuase it was hard-core music, which isn't my style, but when your friends need help you do what you can.
I recommend learning the bass to all string players out there, but if your gonna do it right, put the guitar away.
favorite dead tune to play: man smart, woman smarter. I just loved walking around the scales to that one, it's neat (that's right I used the word neat; I'm bringing it back)
favorite non-dead tune: rappers delight, it really got asses moving in the audience, plus we slipped a verse of another one bites it the middle of it

#35625  by philbomb

Proud bass player, but also dabble in singing and guitar playing, hope to one day get to drums! The more music you play, and the more you experiment and try out different instruments, the better musician you will become.