#114182  by Todd GT5

Hey everyone,
I just had to share my excitement! I just recieved my new GGS 5 string, set graphite neck, passive Nordstrand Big Split pick-ups bass!

Pics:

Thanks - Todd
 #126981  by kansaschris

Beautiful bass. Not sure I understand the reasoning behind a graphite neck thru but smarter people than I design these things so more power to ya. Cheers
 #126989  by Rusty the Scoob

Both Phil and Mike Gordon play graphite neck-through Modulus TBX basses exclusively. Makes sense to me, if you're going to build a graphite bass why bolt it onto a wood body? Might as well make it 100% non-reactive to weather.
 #126998  by kansaschris

Also that necks seems to run approximately a 1/3 into the body. So not technically a neck thru. Exquisite work though. Love the top on that bass.
 #129245  by seanc

Nice...
I always like the modulus, head cheese, type layering. It gives the look a lot of depth..

But I have had a modulus w/o a truss rod since 90-91. It has never moved even a smidge.
Through all sorts of weather conditions, from Hot car, to freezing weather to warm house it stays in tune. You just never need to tune the ting. it is pretty amazing.

Can't say the same for any wood instrument I have ever owned, it's just not even close.