#50827  by strumminsix

I needed a clean boost to cover the following scenarios:
- Solo boost
- Switching from dual to single coil
- Switching from high to low output duals

I ended up with the Serrano Picoso:
http://www.catalinbread.com/SerranoPicoso.html

From their website:
A very simple, transparent, low noise, and extraordinarily tiny boost. Provides 30dB of clean boost. When you can't compromise your tone and need a buffer or boost that doesn't take up a lot of space the Serrano Picoso is your only real choice.

It lives up to their description 100%!!! Meets my needs and then some!!! Could not be happier!!!

#50829  by Tennessee Jedi

Thats cool
I like how on the utube demo vids you see the hand adjust the knobs and hear what it does ...
How did you find this company ?
Looks pricey - was it over $200 ?
Thanks for another link

:cool:

#50830  by strumminsix

I found them from cats on TheGearPage.

Basically the overall concept is that the pedal boosts the signal.

However, it really isn't that signal since it can have an audio effect as if:
- guitar volume was turned up
- signal goes though another gain stage
- turning up amp first stage volume

What I wanted was the latter and it did it!!! In my experience guitar volume increase impacts tone and signal through another gain stage impacts tone and feel and sometimes over-fattens. This pedal, when used for just a small boost, feels and sounds just like you walked over to your amp and hit the volume knob up one notch preserving your tone, feel, and depth to your signal! Wonderful!!

Bought mine from Axe and You Shall Receive:
http://stores.ebay.com/Axe-and-You-Shall-Receive

The cost was about $120 shipped I think...

#50898  by Jon S.

I've heard great things about that pedal, congrats (though who in his right mind would literally use 30db of boost is beyond me, that is, per the logrithmic decibel scale, making the signal 3X louder :eek: )!
 #136869  by tatittle

Thanks for the review re: similar to turning up the amps volume 1 spot tone. Are you using a Fender AB763 type preamp?
 #136895  by strumminsix

tatittle wrote:Thanks for the review re: similar to turning up the amps volume 1 spot tone. Are you using a Fender AB763 type preamp?
All my amps are either Fender based or Fenders :)