#94  by mojorising

Niel Young Rocks............because of all the old timmers who were at woodstock......he's the only one still rockin' in the free world and not just cashin'in!!

What do you think :?:

mojo
 #101  by fly low

Neil is f***ing awesome. If you have any doubt, just zone out to 'Mansion on the Hill' at one of his live shows. One cool Canadian.
 #102  by fly low

Neil is f***ing awesome. If you have any doubt, just zone out to 'Mansion on the Hill' at one of his live shows. One cool Canadian.

#182  by musicman

Neil is great but Santana still rocks pretty darn good too for a woodstock alumni
 #318  by Dark Star

"Niel Young Rocks............because of all the old timmers who were at woodstock......he's the only one still rockin' in the free world and not just cashin'in!!

What do you think

mojo"

Mojo, if you respect him as a musician, try to spell his name right. its N-E-I-L. anyway, your right, neil is like in his late 50's and still rocking. i went to a Neil/Crazy Horse concert in march and when he was in the middle of Be The Rain, he looked like he could go on rocking until hes 100.

#327  by Minge Herder

Richie Havens stills plays a mean guitar and has a great voice. Woodstock alum still kickin it.
 #376  by Guest

I was lucky enough to see Neil and Crosby, Stills and Nash together a couple of times in the last 4 years and I can tell you first hand that those other "old timers" can rock pretty good too.

I was somewhat surprised, but Steven Stills proved to be a worthy adversary in the guitar battles they waged.

I saw the first show that they performed together in over 25 years at the Palace in the Detroit area in `90. Then again a couple years later in Grand Rapids I got to set right up close to the front of the stage and it was absolutely amazing. At one point in the show Neil sat down at the old pump organ and played After the Gold Rush with David Crosby and Gram Nash singing harmony. That was a real highlight, but then again David Crosby's version of Gueniverre was fantastic as well. I would have to say though, that the dueling lead guitars that Stills and Young played on songs like Southern Man, Down By the River and Carry On (which they opened with) absolutely blew me away!

Neil Still Rocks - and so do his pals.

DougoBlue

#482  by Art Shamsky

Agreed... in these dark times where Dylan sells out to Victoria's Secret, NEIL has always maintained his integrity.

Long may he run :wink:
 #149685  by oceanbear11

I am so f***in' proud to be named after this guy.
 #149707  by amyjared

Neil still rocks pretty good, but let's not forget Mr. Townsend who still does windmills and makes me smile. He's no slouch.

Oh, and Richie Havens is no longer with us.
 #149713  by gr8fullfred

Yes I thought Richie Havens passed somewhat recently. I met him once or twice, at the Woodstock Site.