#155327  by nopunin10dead

Thanks for posting that. Starting around the 20 minute mark, after someone asks John what his favorite Dead song is, he gives some insights into the GD musical universe. I for one agree with him, and I think that's why we are all here.... Just saw the 6K price tho. Ouch.
 #155331  by hippieguy1954

caspersvapors wrote:At 6k, just exactly whos accessibilty is John talking about
Yea, it's pretty laughable. I guess Paul wants to finance his great, great, great grand children's futures etc, etc..... :lol:
 #155338  by nopunin10dead

I found it interesting that when asked about his favorite tune, John pulls up "He's Gone" to show how even a slow song like that has an implicit swing to its lick. That seems like a key insight. And his point about how evocative an opening chord such as "Terrapin's" is---immediately, the listeners are anticipating the journey, the tale, the feelings and emotions. I hadn't heard it articulated that way before, but it makes sense to me as to why this music captivated me for decades and still does, as a listener and a player. Now, how about that GD Fake Book? :-)
 #155339  by brbadg

Also how he pointed out most of the songs have a tinge of sadness.
I liked that.I'm slowly beginning to like the dude.Lol!
 #155357  by strumminsix

Digging where's going on this journey. Speaks a lot to his character.

I'm sure the amp is great. I know folks poo-poo the price but many of us invest half of that in #1 guitar and still have a few more guitars at home :)

I'd be very curious what type of things it has going on that makes it that worthy.