#154561  by LazyLightning72

Hey now folks,
I have a fairly straight forward question for those of you who spend time over on archive.org. What is typically your go to source when it comes to "sound quality" alone? I have pretty much been keeping my searches within the Charlie Miller realm, also some Betty Cantor when possible. I don't want to miss out on any other good sources some of you folks may have found. I would greatly appreciate any input on the topic ( which I hope I posted in the correct section )

TIA :-)
 #154562  by mgbills

If you like Matrix shows Hunter Seamons does fantastic work.

Personally I love the Matrix shows. I love to hear the crowd energy.
Peace
 #154563  by Poor Peter

If your into audience recordings (personally I will take a good audience over a board any day) and you dig the 85 era, (ya I know Jer's voice was shot but his playing was fantastic IMO) then the Oade brothers audience recordings are excellent. Look for ones labeled FOB or front of board.
 #156030  by Brad125

I know you sent this out in Nov 2016 and it's St. Patrick's Day 2017 tomorrow... :lol:

If your not just looking for soundboards, but amazing in your face and "I feel like I'm there" sounding shows... there are some tapers out there that you should search on Archive. Man, there are 100's that shine!!!!!

Jerry Moore
Barry Glassberg
Steve Rolfe
David Minches
Rob Bertrando
Marty Weinberg
Louis Falanga
Jim Wise
... and anything MOTB (Mother Of The Beast) SWEET SPOTS GALORE.

Some of these recordings (especially JGB/Legion Of Mary) are almost better than SBD's
Check out 1979-1981 for some amazing pulls from some of these guys

Give them a search, you will love them

Brad