Talk about the recent Tours
 #82437  by mttourpro

From Furthur.net:

To All Of Our Fans Who’ve Purchased Tickets To Our July 5 Show in Shelburne, VT:

After days of meetings to address and alleviate last minute concerns being expressed by State and Local Authorities, Furthur is very disappointed to learn that today, the local authorities, citing an inability to deal with an expected influx of ticketless fans, traffic concerns, and other issues, have revoked the approved permits for the show and have decided to cancel Furthur's concert at Vermont's Shelburne Museum on July 5. As the decision made today by the local authorities has been made so close to the event date, unfortunately we are unable to find a suitable alternate venue. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience!

Full & complete refunds are available at point of purchase. If you purchased online you'll automatically be refunded.

** Replacement Show Added For July 5 **

We have added a new show on July 5 to replace the recently cancelled show in Vermont. Furthur will be appearing for an intimate show at The Sherman Theater - Stroudsburg, PA

A limited amount of tickets will be offered online via pre- sale starting June 25 @ Noon ET. Public on sale: Saturday, June 26 @ 10 :00 AM ET. We are truly sorry that we couldn't find a suitable venue in Vermont to replace the cancelled Shelburne show, but at this late date, there was nothing available. The Sherman Theatre in Pennsylvania, where we will now be playing on July 5 , is a terrific & very intimate venue.

Regrettably, tickets for the cancelled July 5 Shelburne will NOT be honored at the Sherman Theater show. We hope to return to Vermont at some time in the future.

Again, our sincere apologies!
 #82481  by adkroot

This is really a shame, and although Shelburne should have considered the factors that led them to cancel the show before they booked Furthur (or at least canceled much earlier) I can also see their concerns.

So many folks show up without tickets, and for a very small town this can certainly overstress things. It looks like the potential is lurking, as happened in the later 80's, for more and more folks to show up for the scene without tickets and, I hate to say it, jeopardize the Band's welcome at some venues. Remember when they went on the air back when to broadcast their pleas for folks without tickets to stay home?

I stopped going to shows in the early 90's just because the scene outside the venues had changed considerably from what it was like earlier. More garbage all over the place, less peaceful attitudes, and a general disrespect for the Band because of these attitudes and how they influenced how the public began to view Dead shows. When they got back together a few years ago it seemed they'd shed some of those latest followers who were there for I'm not sure what reason, and the scene was lighter, mature and more about the folks on stage and the music they were making. I've had no problem whatsoever getting tickets for any of these shows. It's much easier now than it was in the Grateful Dead's later years.

It's easy to blame Shelburne, but we have to look at ourselves too realizing that they book all kinds of music during the season and aren't strangers to concerts and concertgoers.

If you don't have a ticket, just stay home and try to get one for another show.
 #84570  by krzykat

my friend lives across the street from the venue they were going to play, its a two lane street, with no parking! never should have booked it!
 #84579  by pmak

krzykat wrote:my friend lives across the street from the venue they were going to play, its a two lane street, with no parking! never should have booked it!
Probably would have been as bad as getting to Gelston Castle for the Herkimer show. I don't know how they plan on getting everybody on site for moe.down there. Was bumper to bumper traffic for a solid distance leading into the venue on a two lane road. I parked at a farm 2 miles away for 15 bucks and walked it, thank God there were some kind folk that gave us a ride back to the car.