Talk about the recent Tours
 #145140  by TI4-1009

Ha! Tried to get the presale tix when they went on sale at 10:00:01 today "Sorry, none available". :lol:
 #145149  by TI4-1009

I'm still wondering how they're going to do this. 19 acts, starts at 7 pm on a weeknight. Assuming they can go until midnight (curfew rumors), and the changes between acts are instantaneous, that's about 16 minutes per performer. Maybe they're going to group it up- ensambles?
 #145150  by Poor Peter

TI4-1009 wrote:I'm still wondering how they're going to do this. 19 acts, starts at 7 pm on a weeknight. Assuming they can go until midnight (curfew rumors), and the changes between acts are instantaneous, that's about 16 minutes per performer. Maybe they're going to group it up- ensambles?
Two stages?
 #145158  by TI4-1009

TI4-1009 wrote: that's about 16 minutes per performer.
I'm guessing no Dark Star then....? :lol:
 #145168  by TI4-1009

Yeah, but 11 of the listed performers are BANDS!
 #146734  by flyingheelhook

So was I the only one who went to the show? :shock:

I had a really good time - I was very impressed by bands I had only heard of and never listened to before (Trampled By Turtles, O.A.R., Disco Biscuits) and some I had heard (Los Lobos). Overall, it was a lot of fun and some really great music.
 #146736  by lovetoboogie

flyingheelhook wrote:So was I the only one who went to the show? :shock:

I had a really good time - I was very impressed by bands I had only heard of and never listened to before (Trampled By Turtles, O.A.R., Disco Biscuits) and some I had heard (Los Lobos). Overall, it was a lot of fun and some really great music.

I decided to go at the last minute. Got there right before Phil's band came on. Free tickets everywhere. No exaggeration, there were tickets on the ground in a neat pile near the box office from people that didn't want to wait any longer trying to sell them...

Gig was interesting and great... Highlights for me were Jorma doing Sugaree, Jimmy Cliff doing the Harder They Come and a killer Fire on the Mountain. Man, he was born to sing that tune. So glad Mickey didn't sing it! Widespread Panic really did some justice with Morning Dew. Thoroughly impressed with that one.

And, of course, Weir and Kreutzmann, who were in fine form all night. Weir was totally in control of his delivery. Sounded very good. Days Between was rather mind-blowing...although I have seen him do it before, this one was very poetic and had a blatant sub-text...

As for Phil, eh, he sounded good, his rig and everything, but...there was something missing.

As a side note....Merriweather really pushes the alcohol...the whole place was ringed by beer stands and these little mini-cocktail bars. Bit of a drag how totally drunk everyone was but that's just my pet peeve now that I am old! ;)
 #146739  by Smolder

Thanks L2B...

I have buds that were there, but had not heard from them yet. Great overview!

One of my favorite venues as well.
 #146740  by aiq

I listened on couch tour...that "Paper Bob" guy. :)

Enjoyed it mostly, Jorma's Sugaree was great, and...not gonna lie...Weir's Days Between got a bit "somethings in my eye".

Not really much jamming.

Hunter will get his props at the Songwriters Hall of Fame induction in June. I'm thinking that will be a Kleenex moment as well.

RRE and Greensky Bluegrass got bumped...a shame.
 #146743  by schmidtz

lovetoboogie wrote:Free tickets everywhere. No exaggeration, there were tickets on the ground in a neat pile near the box office from people that didn't want to wait any longer trying to sell them...
I wonder if this is going to happen with Chicago. I mean, the number of tickets on StubHub has not decreased, and they are probably owned by jerks just trying to make a buck with no actually interest in the band (I would go so far as to say they may have an aversion to the scene).
 #146744  by TI4-1009

From the review link on the home page They said Phil never came back on after his opening set.... interesting.

Dear Jerry Sets

Set One:

Communion with Phil Lesh: “The Wheel” “Uncle John’s Band”, “Standing On The Moon”, “Liberty”
Allen Toussaint with House Band: “Get Out Of My Life Woman”
David Grisman with House Band: “Shady Grove”
Peter Frampton with House Band and Bill Kreutzmann: “(I’m A) Roadrunner”
Buddy Miller with House Band: “Deal”
Jorma Kaukonen with House Band: “Sugaree”
Jimmy Cliff with House Band: “The Harder They Come”
Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Dave Schools, Bill Kreutzmann and Jimmy Cliff with House Band: “Attics Of My Life” intro “Fire On The Mountain”

Set Two

Billy and the Kids: “Help On The Way” “Slipknot!” “Franklin’s Tower”
Disco Biscuits with Bill Kreutzmann and Tom Hamilton: “Scarlet Begonias” “I Know You Rider” “Scarlet Begonias”
moe.: “Loser”
O.A.R.: “St. Stephen”

Set Three

Los Lobos with Bob Weir: “Not Fade Away” “Bertha”
Trampled By Turtles: “Brown-Eyed Women”
Yonder Mountain String Band: “Shakedown Street”
Bob Weir with House Band: “Days Between”
Grace Potter, Bob Weir and House Band: “Friend Of The Devil”
Eric Church with House Band: “Tennessee Jed”
Widespread Panic: “Morning Dew”
Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart with House Band:“Touch Of Grey”
Most of the evening’s performers: “Ripple”