Talk about the recent Tours
 #146749  by flyingheelhook

I read somewhere that the reason Phil didn't do anything else was some sort of contractual stipulation that precluded him from being on stage with any of the other three guys - something about it taking away from the Chicago shows if he did. Not sure if thats the truly the case but it would make sense.
 #146764  by strumminsix

flyingheelhook wrote:I read somewhere that the reason Phil didn't do anything else was some sort of contractual stipulation that precluded him from being on stage with any of the other three guys - something about it taking away from the Chicago shows if he did. Not sure if thats the truly the case but it would make sense.
That's written all over the internet. But I've yet to see any proof of that.

Honestly, I think this all boils down to Phil done with Bobby.
 #146765  by astroman99

strumminsix wrote:
flyingheelhook wrote:I read somewhere that the reason Phil didn't do anything else was some sort of contractual stipulation that precluded him from being on stage with any of the other three guys - something about it taking away from the Chicago shows if he did. Not sure if thats the truly the case but it would make sense.
That's written all over the internet. But I've yet to see any proof of that.

That's too bad, hope they can pull it together to at least rehearse together! Only 5 left.
A lot of people are expending a lot of money and energy to be a part of this!
Hell I might even ppv it!
 #146766  by flyingheelhook

Why? I haven't seen anything about there being issues between them. (not that that means anything, I am not exactly in touch with the whole scene and what is going on... :lol: )
 #146777  by lovetoboogie

flyingheelhook wrote:
Why? I haven't seen anything about there being issues between them. (not that that means anything, I am not exactly in touch with the whole scene and what is going on... :lol: )
The rumor mill is really an evil choir...farthest from the truth. Lesh and Weir buried that hatchet many moons ago. They were recently holed up together at Lesh's house to rehearse where they were joined by Trey and Chimenti...And Weir has been hanging at TRX during Lesh's gigs. There is a solid month booked of rehearsals. The Dear Jerry scheduling thing was odd given that they were both present at the gig but I would not read into it too much. Phil is on record all over the place saying how grateful he is to have an opportunity to jam with the core four. I personally think his playing at the Dear Jerry gig was efficient and a little tired sounding but that is just an opinion. I have no doubt he will rise to the occasion for the Fare Thee Well gigs...

Look at the Dead 09' tour...he was actually very vocal then about how out of sorts he was with Weir and they still played their collective asses off...