rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Talk about the recent Tours
 #144200  by the highway terror
 Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:26 pm
Here are the revised and amended rules for the Phish kids at Soldier Field during the Dead gathering

•No throwing glowsticks. In fact, Soldier Field will be outfitted with an AEGIS-class targeting system to instantly triangulate the thrower of any glowstick hurled aloft, and then shoot that person in the asshole with a laser beam.

•Leaning over to your neighbor and saying, “Phil would look a lot better with a Hermes scarf, dontcha think?” is not okay.

•The drummers will both be wearing men’s clothes. They’re crazy, not weirdos.

•Don’t bother Bill Walton. (This is actually for your own good. He will start telling stories about the time Coach Wooden taught him how to please a woman.)

•Don’t touch Spinners. They’re a long story. Just don’t touch them.

•Please conform to Deadhead bathroom protocol: at the urinals, peer over at your neighbor’s penis, and say “Tell you what, pardner: that shlong don’t have no mercy in this land, know’m saying?” And then he’ll be your friend.

•If you are in the lady’s room, merely compliment the penis of the woman at the urinal next to you.

•If Mickey throws you his towel, you have to give him your Coca-Cola. Those are the rules: I didn’t make them up.

•Deadheads and cops–over years of coexistence–have developed this little game where hippies sprint at them, and try to steal their guns. Trust me: they love that game. Try it.

•Molly’s adorable, but it’s a Dead show: take some acid like a grown-up. The only people who take molly by itself are Gaysians in speedos at EDM festivals.

•Don’t be alarmed when Bobby starts to play slide guitar; it’s supposed to sound like that.

•Leave your WOO’s at home. Not kidding on this one. Time and a place, junior, and this is neither. I don’t want to hear that syllable at all. Someone asks you your favorite Chinese action movie director, think up someone other than John Woo. A stranger wants to know which Tang it is no one’s supposed to fuck with? Walk away.
 #144202  by Searing75
 Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:07 pm
Good stuff!

I'm not gonna lie, I despise Phish. It may be due to all the rich, douch bag Phish dorks at the college I went to, but a big part is the music sucks, and is in no way comparable to what the Dead did. People have tried to tell me otherwise for too long!
 #144230  by Rusty the Scoob
 Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:55 am
Searing75 wrote:Good stuff!

I'm not gonna lie, I despise Phish. It may be due to all the rich, douch bag Phish dorks at the college I went to, but a big part is the music sucks, and is in no way comparable to what the Dead did. People have tried to tell me otherwise for too long!
You sound like a lot of fun to hang out with.
 #144234  by Mr.Burns
 Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:59 am
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Searing75 wrote:Good stuff!

You sound like a lot of fun to hang out with.
"That's just, like, your opinion, man." -The Dude

Phish definitely sucks. It only appeals to wookies and trustafarians and their respective female counterparts. And don't mess with no glowsticks, that asshole laser sounds bad. Bad, and totally justifiable. :cool:
 #144237  by Searing75
 Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:50 am
Well Rusty, being that I am here on this forum, and love the Dead, we have something in common. Are there really no bands that you feel are terrible?
 #144238  by dleonard
 Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:17 am
Searing75 wrote:Are there really no bands that you feel are terrible?
To continue with Lebowski, "It's been a rough night man and I hate the f*ckin' Eagles."

But as for me...Bad Company
 #144319  by Rusty the Scoob
 Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 am
Searing75 wrote:Well Rusty, being that I am here on this forum, and love the Dead, we have something in common. Are there really no bands that you feel are terrible?
Sure, but I wouldn't be a dick about it, especially on a forum where I know a lot of people are big fans. But that's just me I guess. :D
 #144320  by seamones
 Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:50 am
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Searing75 wrote:Well Rusty, being that I am here on this forum, and love the Dead, we have something in common. Are there really no bands that you feel are terrible?
Sure, but I wouldn't be a dick about it, especially on a forum where I know a lot of people are big fans. But that's just me I guess. :D
+1.
 #144351  by Searing75
 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:31 am
........................Phish blows!!!!! And, they are super cheesy! There is no way that one who truly gets the Dead could like phish!!!!! No way!!!!
 #144352  by waldo041
 Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 am
Searing75 wrote:........................Phish blows!!!!! And, they are super cheesy! There is no way that one who truly gets the Dead could like phish!!!!! No way!!!!
Ah man, that's harsh! You state this as if you are comparing the 2 as the same thing. They are not. Yes, they are lumped into the same "jam band" genre but they are 2 completely different entities. However they both do have one common thing and that is talent, they are all gifted musicians, regardless if you don't like the material. And that is what they chose Trey for, not for his bands material.

IMHO.

~waldo
 #144353  by Searing75
 Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:32 am
Can't help it. Strong feelings. I'm kinda' nuts. It's how I feel. It's similar to the way I feel about those who don't believe in evolution. They are simply wrong. I am not comparing the bands. They are not comparable. Again, sorry all.